Should John Lineker be cut?

What should be done?

• Total voters

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exciting fighter but has missed weight for the 5th time in the UFC, after being forced to move up in weight.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-time-2-more-miss-the-mark-in-portland-093016

Lineker stepped onto the scale in Portland, Oregon at 136.5 pounds — a half-pound over the bantamweight limit at 136 pounds for a non-title bout — for his main event bout against John Dodson on Saturday night.

PKwu4XO.jpg

Thoughts?

Give him a choice, move to FW, or get cut. This shit is ridiculous.

If he wants to keep giving away a portion of his earnings then all the power to him. If the UFC doesn't force him to move up then they will just cut him or his pay when he loses.

It would be hilarious to see him at 145, he'd be like a battle dwarf. He's such a little tank he could probably still outbrawl most.

Lineker vs Barao in a can't make weight division fight

I've disliked him ever since he missed weight against UC and then made fun of the fact when he won.

That means tearing up his current contract and giving him a one, which gives him the choice to go to Bellator or Rizin.
Not necessarily. From what I understand they took away all of Iaquinta's incentives including win bonus and all that. They could do something similar for Lineker.

Cut him. That many failed cuts, even after moving up in weight, sorry but f*ck him. Cut him and only sign him back when he learns to be a professional.

Damn I'm a big fan of his and thought he should get the titleshot that CG doesn't deserve. I can't believe all this over a half pound.

Not necessarily. From what I understand they took away all of Iaquinta's incentives including win bonus and all that. They could do something similar for Lineker.
Oh like that. They could that and it would be justified.
But unlike Iaquinta, they really seem to like Lineker by giving him so much leeway on him repeatedly missing and giving him main event slots. I don't think they want to risk him leaving.

Im leaning cut, but actually voted move up because otherwise he will just keep doing the same shit somewhere else...

he needs to learn

go huge on the fine and says that another missed weight, he's gone

No way. He's a beast and UFC is his home

At this point, he should fight for free out of shame.

Cut him.

Or, move him to feath- Welterweight. 170 or no contract.

Back