UFC, Conner, and legit sports

Rondas Pillow

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think gifting Conner title shots just continues the image that MMA isn't a legit sport. Playing favorites and doing fights based on how well they will sell will hurt them in the long run. They should work on trying to legitimize the sport, or just embrace it and go full WWE. Heck, they are already doing cross over fights with Brock and CM Punk. Whatever, just choose one way and do it.

Just for fun I looked up the attendance for last year in the NFL. The Cowboys and Giants lead the league in total attendance. This isn't really surprising since they have wide followings. I noticed the last 5 years they have actually been #1,2 in attendance.

Last year the Cowboys were 4-12 and the Giants were 6-10. Now imagine if the UFC ran the NFL. They would have let the season play out and then the playoffs go all the way until the Superbowl.

Then they would have announced that they were replacing the Panthers and Broncos with the Cowboys and Giants, because that is the game the people want to see and will make them the most money.

Now if they did that, and continued to do it - how many people would give a shit about who won the Superbowl? It would become meaningless.

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg

UFC is not MMA. Saying MMA is not a sport because of Conor makes no sense.

And spelling Conor like a 5 year old really doesn't help things.

Having said that I enjoyed your thread.

<5>

Poor username
Poor attempt to be funny with "Conner"
Poor use of a much overused image of Dana
Poor thread

I only liked the superbowl when the New York Yankees kept winning it with their awesome slam dunks. It really is a nice bowl they won, you coud fit a whole box of cereal in it.

You argued against yourself there
If the most popular teams had shitty records that kinda proves that fans dont care about the competition they just want to be entertained by their favorites
And thats why Conor is king right now

I think gifting Conner title shots just continues the image that MMA isn't a legit sport. Playing favorites and doing fights based on how well they will sell will hurt them in the long run. They should work on trying to legitimize the sport, or just embrace it and go full WWE. Heck, they are already doing cross over fights with Brock and CM Punk. Whatever, just choose one way and do it.

Just for fun I looked up the attendance for last year in the NFL. The Cowboys and Giants lead the league in total attendance. This isn't really surprising since they have wide followings. I noticed the last 5 years they have actually been #1,2 in attendance.

Last year the Cowboys were 4-12 and the Giants were 6-10. Now imagine if the UFC ran the NFL. They would have let the season play out and then the playoffs go all the way until the Superbowl.

Then they would have announced that they were replacing the Panthers and Broncos with the Cowboys and Giants, because that is the game the people want to see and will make them the most money.

Now if they did that, and continued to do it - how many people would give a shit about who won the Superbowl? It would become meaningless.

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg
why does everyone bitch, its entertaining just enjoy it for what it is

Conor actually fights and won pretty much all of his matches. It would be one thing if he was a guy that loss every other fight.

Back