(16/8/5)MMA will be next in Olympics say UFC owner and governing body boss

instead of mma in the olympics they should put ufc in the olympics. olympic ufc ftw.

how will that work tho?

a guy will fight 8 times during the 2-3 weeks the Olympic last?

you put them an helmet and some pads?

4 mens team per Country?

as an MMA fan i say this MMA isnt ready. it would be a disgrace to Olympics

I thought olympics was meant to be a place where the very best from every country come to compete. If MMA actually gets into the olympics, I doubt any top ranked fighters would compete and agree to take extra damage/injury for no money and potentially lose to someone much worse than them.

If it does get in, it's gonna be a bunch of low ranked guys putting on a show, would have little to no meaning behind it

Also, how would it even work. Half the time guys aren't even allowed to spar let alone fight for months after a fight

Dumb. and mma isn't a sport it's prize fighting.

I don't think it's that simple. I'm pretty sure the sports that will be part of the 2020 Olympics have already been approved and venues confirmed.

I don't see how it could work. Too limited and it would be the kiddie version with pads and regulations.

how will that work tho?

4 mens team per Country?

i dont see how it will work either.

i guess ban elbows, and maybe make it 2 rounds through the first few tournament rounds?

LOL IT's not going to happen.
To be included in the Olympic program, the sport or discipline must the practiced in an X number of countries (which is probably a condition that MMA covers well) but be organized in national federations and ONE centralized and unified international federation.

as an MMA fan i say this MMA isnt ready. it would be a disgrace to Olympics

yeah I guess that's why they have horse dancing in there instead

or who can walk the fastest

etc

MMA would likely be safer than a lot of events also, there were some horrific injuries this olympics. but alas it would make no sense anyway. they'd essentially have to do tournaments where fighters fight several times over the 2 weeks, damage taken /injuries/favourable match-ups etc sustained wouldn't make it fair to the athletes.

It's team MMA, like this but with no sexy dancers at beginning:

It will be in ring like this, you can see how BJJ doesn't work at all in group fights (pulling guard = death), Brazil gets stomped by England:

Russia has also tried to get "Group HEMA" added:

Last edited:
how will that work tho?

4 mens team per Country?

I'm imagining it would work in a similar format to the IFL back in the day.

It would make way more sense to include things like Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu, not MMA.

Back