Eddie Alvarez: Conor McGregor got lit up by Chad Mendes and his tiny little reach

mirellale

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
"I'll do whatever the fuck I want in any aspect against him. The opponents he's fought allow him to look great. That's the issue. That's what these WWF fans who follow him don't see. They see a guy who's fighting or playing to his strengths so he can do what he wants and be good at it. I'll do whatever the fuck I want. If I want to stand, I'll stand. He don't move his head, he gets hit a ton. Chad Mendes has a tiny little reach and was popping him all over the place with overhand rights and left hooks before he took him down. His defense is atrocious. His offense is good. He's offensively a good fighter when it comes to boxing and things but his defense is fucking terrible. A guy like me, I can go wherever. I can kick, I can punch, I can takedown, I can submit, and I can do it all fucking night." - Eddie Alvarez

Source: http://www.mmamania.com/2016/9/30/1...t-lit-up-by-chad-mendes-tiny-little-reach-mma

adP2h1S.gif

Mendes was hardly lighting Conor up on the feet. Was he connecting with some shots? sure.

Still lost a round to an out of shape Mendes on 2 weeks notice.

Embarassing.
Embarrassing to lose to a style that was considered to be the worst match-up for you and knocking him out minutes later. Quite embarrassing, indeed. :rolleyes:

He's offensively a good fighter when it comes to boxing and things but his defense is fucking terrible.

He's right. This quote right here is especially true.

I also remember saying I thought his top game was good but Conor has historically had trouble when he ends up on his back and got accused of being a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""hater"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Conor got kneebar'd by a complete nobody, subbed in a minute by Duffy, got utterly demolished by Mendes in his guard and was completely incapable of escaping or providing any offense until Mendes went for a desperation guillotine due to gassing. He also got destroyed by Nate and hilariously did absolutely nothing to fight off the rear naked choke. He's clearly not that good on the bottom.

Embarrassing to lose to a style that was considered to be the worst match-up for you and knocking him out minutes later. Quite embarrassing, indeed. :rolleyes:
Out of shape bro...Imagine what Khabib would do to Conor....He would literally destroy him.

2 weeks notice, deer hunting, etc
Chad is always in shape. Hunting is strenuous business and most of the guys at Team Alpha Male confirmed Chad was in shape.

Clay Guida, friend of Mendes, confirmed in a blog post that Chad is always in shape and that cardio shouldn't be an issue.

No fucking way Alvarez will keep the fight standing with Mcgregor if he can't go to the ground he will be destroyed until Conor gasses or KO him.

Except Mendes said he had been training in case Aldo or Conor had to pullout of the fight. He only changed his story after he lost.
He is suppose to hype the fight.......and get Conor worried.

He said that to be a good company boy for the UFC.

Conor's still the only person in recent memory to beat the best featherweight of all time.
All these doubts for someone that holds the feathweight strap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back