When did how big a draw a fighter is enter into how good a fighter is to the fans?

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have noticed this happening with the kids and music, one of the the biggest factors on how good they think a rapper is is based on how much he sells.

I see fans talk about how this fighter doesn't deserve this fight or that title fight because of they don't draw big numbers. Why would any fan in their right mind care? Mma fans seem to care more about the business of mma more than the actual sport and seeing good fights. Many fans dislike fighters because they get injured and cost the UFC money on promoting or because they refuse to learn English and draw more US fans.

4BkfktW.gif

inb4 kimbo vs dada 5000 reply

You think this is a new phenomenon?
People follow crowds
They always have, they always will

I swear I've seen this exact thread 10 times.

Only a small minority of fans care about that kind of shit in reality. As long as you follow it for the right reasons, who cares.

McFans don't have brains. You don't need to read their stupid threads. As a normal MMA fan, I only care about the quality of fights. That's why I am not satisfied with the recent events. Bisping vs Hendo. Eddie vs McGregor. WTF

McFans don't have brains. You don't need to read their stupid threads. As a normal MMA fan, I only care about the quality of fights. That's why I am not satisfied with the recent events. Bisping vs Hendo. Eddie vs McGregor. WTF
You dont think Eddie vs Conor is gonna be a good fight?

Personally i don't really care about how popular a fighter is.

I would rather watch 2 unknown fighters put on a great fight in the prelims than a snoozefest involving 2 popular guys.

All the nations lived in harmony
Until one day, the nut hugger nation attacked

You think this is a new phenomenon?
People follow crowds
They always have, they always will
Those who can't think, let others think for them.

If there is a group saying and doing something, others will follow.

Conor had a flamboyant and extremely loud personality, screaming he was the GOAT from day one. Some people latched on and kept the noise coming, and the newcomers and easily swayed fans followed suit.

Despite his shortcomings, even losing to a non contender In Diaz and barely getting a majority decision over him, people still parrot what they hear a lot of others say.

It's not a new thing. There people who are famous for simply being famous, and athletes who have more fans despite not being near the elites in the profession.

Conor's not the first MMA fighter to do it, he's just the most recent. His fandom and his PPV numbers will be eclipsed by the next generation to come, and the next after that.

It's been done before in sports...hell, it's been done before in MMA.

I genuinely think he's the only fighter they know

It's actually just the brain dead sheep Conor McGregor fan boys that do this, he speaks about how rich he is constantly and his fans don't have a pot to piss in so they speak about the PPV numbers to make themselves feel better.

People buy into fighter's nonsense.

It's just like the Canelo GGG fight that should happen but isn't because GGG isn't that big of a draw.

Back