There's a really interesting card this weekend no one's talking about (Who you got)

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Lineker/Dodson is going to be a great fight
I've got Lineker winning but I have no faith in this pick, this fight seems like a classic toss up. You've got a swarmer who is probably the best technical brawler not named AJ, against a dude who I honestly think probably belongs on a top ten list of heaviest hitters of all time. I like Lineker only because Dodson is the type of dude to give this kind of fight away if he can't get the KO

We've also got the future lightweight champion in Will Brooks oddly facing what I think is one of the tougher style match ups for him. Should Will Brooks ever make it to the top 5, I'd take him over probably everyone not named Ferguson and that's only because of style considerations. I think he beats Olivera, but I'm more interested in whether or not he can do it impressively. I like him with a late stoppage in a tougher than expected fight.

Also Marquardt vs the Barncat in the battle of glasscannons should be a great one. I like Tamdam honestly, I really think a stiff breeze could KO Nate at this point, dudes been fighting since he was a teenager.

Andre Fili vs Hacran Dias I also like. I'm thinking Dias just by virtue of being a far more technical fighter facing a dude who is allergic to defense. Despite his alpha male pedigree, I could see Dias slowing this down and taking time and points away from Fili in the clinch and on the mat, as well as holding his own in the stand up.

Any interesting thoughts for this weekend?

Lineker & Dodson both have crazy power & accuracy, so either could win...

I'm picking Dodson, just because I think he has the speed, and maybe that one differentiating factor will make the difference.

Dodson
Brooks
Smolka
Burkman
Marquardt
Dias

I think Dodson has to be real careful in this fight.

Dodson through superior speed and cardio.

I don't know how much Marquardt has left in the tank. The barncats looked great since coming back to MMA, but he's just never on Nates level.

I think Dias beats Fili convincingly

K-taro, the RNC king will have another fun fight. That's something I'm looking forward to. Also, Smolka vs. Moreno is a fun fight.

I'm Pretty pumped for this card. There's not any fight that I'm really invested in, but there's a decent amount of fights that have me interested. It's nice to have cards without my favorites fighting because it can get nerve-racking watching your favorites fight.

Fun card.

Yeah there's been a lot of good cards & MMA action lately. Or as half of sherdog puts it UFC and the sport of MMA dieded because of one fight being made and junk.

I hope Dodson, Brooks, Barncat and Smolka really make a statement.

Lineker & Dodson both have crazy power & accuracy, so either could win...

I'm picking Dodson, just because I think he has the speed, and maybe that one differentiating factor will make the difference.
Yeah, I'm rooting for Dodson an dI always have trouble picking guys I'm rooting for in close fights
I think he's probably the fastest fighter in the sport, and the hardest hitting south of 155 (if he's not, then he's top 5 easily). He could sleep Lineker in a heart beat, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of two things happens : He could hang around too long and get caught with a fury, or he could 10-8 Lineker early not get the finish and just give the fight away to the more active fighter.

Stick, move and wrestle. I think Dodson has this. If he gets cocky and tries to prove a point by trading with him he's going to sleep though. Lineker hits like a LW and has a chin on him. I hope Lineker knocks him out.

Will GSP Brooks is going to win easily, but I'm not a fan yet.

How is Tamdam a glass cannon? He's been knocked out once in his whole career. It is a really quick turnaround after such a heavy KO, but I think he takes this.

I hope Fili gets murked, but it'll probably be a boring ass fight.

This card is pretty decision heavy; let's hope the HW's deliver some KO's. Would be nice if Blayeds murks that scumbag child molester Cody East

Stick, move and wrestle. I think Dodson has this. If he gets cocky and tries to prove a point by trading with him he's going to sleep though. Lineker hits like a LW and has a chin on him. I hope Lineker knocks him out.

Will GSP Brooks is going to win easily, but I'm not a fan yet.

How is Tamdam a glass cannon? He's been knocked out once in his whole career. It is a really quick turnaround after such a heavy KO, but I think he takes this.

I hope Fili gets murked, but it'll probably be a boring ass fight.

This card is pretty decision heavy; let's hope the HW's deliver some KO's. Would be nice if Blayeds murks that scumbag child molester Cody East

You're right about McCrory

Pick-em,, leaning toward Dodson especially the longer the fight lasts

Trying not to think about it, because ive already decided not to watch it.

Starts an hour later than usual. 2am UK start for prelims, 4am start for main card, with Fox pacing? Fuck that.

Going with lineker here.

The way he runs people down without giving a fuck is why.

They always think they can footwork escape, but they always get caught. Dodson will be no different

K-taro, the RNC king will have another fun fight. That's something I'm looking forward to. Also, Smolka vs. Moreno is a fun fight.

I'm Pretty pumped for this card. There's not any fight that I'm really invested in, but there's a decent amount of fights that have me interested. It's nice to have cards without my favorites fighting because it can get nerve-racking watching your favorites fight.

Fun card.
Shout out to K-Taro. What a run he's put on since coming back to the big show.

Nakamura-submission.gif

Nakamura_FightNightSiouxFalls_fpf.jpg

Also, I think Alex Cowboy upsets Will Brooks. Brooks did not impress me against Pearson.

Trying not to think about it, because ive already decided not to watch it.

Starts an hour later than usual. 2am UK start for prelims, 4am start for main card, with Fox pacing? Fuck that.
TiVo saves lives

Lineker/Dodson is going to be a great fight
I've got Lineker winning but I have no faith in this pick, this fight seems like a classic toss up. You've got a swarmer who is probably the best technical brawler not named AJ, against a dude who I honestly think probably belongs on a top ten list of heaviest hitters of all time. I like Lineker only because Dodson is the type of dude to give this kind of fight away if he can't get the KO

We've also got the future lightweight champion in Will Brooks oddly facing what I think is one of the tougher style match ups for him. Should Will Brooks ever make it to the top 5, I'd take him over probably everyone not named Ferguson and that's only because of style considerations. I think he beats Olivera, but I'm more interested in whether or not he can do it impressively. I like him with a late stoppage in a tougher than expected fight.

Also Marquardt vs the Barncat in the battle of glasscannons should be a great one. I like Tamdam honestly, I really think a stiff breeze could KO Nate at this point, dudes been fighting since he was a teenager.

Andre Fili vs Hacran Dias I also like. I'm thinking Dias just by virtue of being a far more technical fighter facing a dude who is allergic to defense. Despite his alpha male pedigree, I could see Dias slowing this down and taking time and points away from Fili in the clinch and on the mat, as well as holding his own in the stand up.

Any interesting thoughts for this weekend?

That Lineker/Dodson fight is too tough to call, one can make a really strong case for both. I'm really excited for that fight. I'm hoping Brooks puts on a good show, he seemed nervous and hesitant against Pearson.

On a side note, I hate seeing Brandon Moreno step in to fight Smolka. Moreno came off as a really, really good guy on TUF, but he is in no way ready to face someone of Smolka's ability. I have a feeling it's going to be quick, which is a shame, Moreno's a legit prospect, he's getting fed to the lions, in my opinion.

Pick em on Dodson vs Lineker. Will be rooting for the Magician and Smolka though :)

It should be a great event!

Lineker please KO Dodson. Nobody needs to hear that pixie congratulate itself

I got:
Cowboy
Smolka
Burkman
Joachim
Touchy
Shamil
Nakamura
Barn Cat
Cutelaba
Blaydes
Faszholz

That Lineker/Dodson fight is too tough to call, one can make a really strong case for both. I'm really excited for that fight. I'm hoping Brooks puts on a good show, he seemed nervous and hesitant against Pearson.

On a side note, I hate seeing Brandon Moreno step in to fight Smolka. Moreno came off as a really, really good guy on TUF, but he is in no way ready to face someone of Smolka's ability. I have a feeling it's going to be quick, which is a shame, Moreno's a legit prospect, he's getting fed to the lions, in my opinion.
Yeah, I hope I'm wrong but I feel the same way about Moreno/Smolka, I think it's a squash match

In regards to Will Brooks, he reminds me a lot of Jorge Masvidal - He's a slow starting fight that tends to fight at the level of his opponents. I really hope he puts on a strong showing, because I can't wait for him to step up and fight some of these top 10ers

Back