Is Eddie Alvarez about as basic as it gets when it comes to fight style?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is there anyone more generic than Eddie Alvarez. Club level boxing + collegiate level wrestling packed into an average 5ft9 frame. The only thing more cliche is if he would throw a superman punch to start the fight

for the sake of the evolution of MMA, I hope Conor tunes him up with some left hands

At least he's defending his belt.

Is there anyone more generic than Eddie Alvarez. Club level boxing + collegiate level wrestling packed into an average 5ft9 frame. The only thing more cliche is if he would throw a superman punch to start the fight

for the sake of the evolution of MMA, I hope Conor tunes him up with some left hands
lol that is a funny explanation. And you are right. That is kind of an accurate description. Yet he is the champ, so he obviously has skill. He mixes up his tools well. And he has alot of heart!

But I've got Conor winning this fight. If Eddie does have one advantage I would say toughness and heart. But I feel Eddie is getting KTFO! You will see his bald head bounce off the canvas!

Eddie is going to shine like the brightest star in the sky! He will shine so bright that may wish upon him, and you will wish that you weren't such a silly face before the fight and we're an Eddie fan all along.

No he's not. I'd imagine becoming a champion would be near impossible with "basics style" we might not see it but from watching this sport for years I can tell you that the best guys seperate themselves with their movement, and instincts.

I'd say he is as generic as it gets. No strong skill. Just a well rounded MMArtist that gets his wins by sticking to his gameplan....

If by basic you mean well-rounded and adaptable to his opponent then yeah.

I really hope Eddie wins so all these conor fans go back into hiding like after Nate choked out their idol on 10 days notice.

Is there anyone more generic than Eddie Alvarez. Club level boxing + collegiate level wrestling packed into an average 5ft9 frame.

Name the college? I'll wait. I'm not taking anything away from his success, but Eddie's wrestling ability is greatly overestimated.

High school wrestling believe it or not.

Epitome of well rounded imo. Does everything well. And has the stuff that cant be taught, such as heart, toughness, never quit attitude etc. The latter stuff being conors weaknesses imo.

Epitome of well rounded imo. Does everything well. And has the stuff that cant be taught, such as heart, toughness, never quit attitude etc. The latter stuff being conors weaknesses imo.
nate had that + a special chin, or are you saying aldo quit in there? eddie will get ko'd

LOL what the fuck kind of joke is this? In his last fight, Conor threw 70% of his striking repertoire into the garbage and became a Muay Thai convert overnight. Basic technique is what wins fights (unless you are fighting bums of course).

lol what do you call Bisping than? Or Stipe? Is Stipe super basic? What about Woodley? Or Lawler?

Boxing and wrestling = basic fighter got it

By their own definition Conor only fights scrubs.

Yet his fans claim he is the best.

Back