Could Conor Theoretically Retire with Both Belts?

HateTheGame

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At the presser Dana wished that Conor would drop one of the belts, and he told everyone, "Derr goooona need a fuookin army" to take them from his hands.

But what if he retires? Dana can't really take both belts off a 2x cocurrent champ without cheapening the brand.

GSP retired with a belt, and basically everyone in WW now holds a paper, non-lineal title.

Yes

He does have two hands so technically, as long as their not too heavy...he can hold two of anything

i_love_physics_bumper_sticker-r72d790a725c5477eb738eb4a40d6efbb_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Yes retire or vacate both belts and fight GSP at welterweight for his last fight at UFC

since connie has dana and emanuel by the balls, yeah, probably

There's nothing that says he can't. IMO it would be a shame that he'd be that guy that won both belts, but was only given a chance to do so because he'd retire upon winning.

Theoretically yes he can. Without ever defending either fucking one, btw. Welcome to the Ultimate Fuckery Championship.

Conor's fangirls will all just say fuck off to the sport when he retires. And the hardcore fans will be left with an unwatchable illegitimate sports entertainment product on par with the WWE.

Dana has sold everyfuckinthing and everyfuckinone down the river.

I think the announcement Dana was referring to was Conor going after the WW belt after he beats Eddie. Or proposing to Dee...

At the presser Dana wished that Conor would drop one of the belts, and he told everyone, "Derr goooona need a fuookin army" to take them from his hands.

But what if he retires? Dana can't really take both belts off a 2x cocurrent champ without cheapening the brand.

GSP retired with a belt, and basically everyone in WW now holds a paper, non-lineal title.

Too much money to be made to retire with both belts, or one belt imo.

i thought that was what Conor was going to do if he won.

Then he would be the only champ to hold two belts and never defend them. Remembered for for being protected, having faced a single wrestler in his career that fought on a week notice.

Since he does not have to defend it and will probably retire sooner rather than later, yeah.

It totally cheapens the meaning of going out on top though.

What GSP did was on a whole other level.

I highly doubt Dana would give Conor the chance at 2 belts KNOWING he would immediately retire. Have we not learned anything about Dana and "big" or significant announcements? It's probably something that's not that big of a deal, but just enough to hold off the whiners until the event.

Then he would be the only champ to hold two belts and never defend them. Remembered for for being protected, having faced a single wrestler in his career that fought on a week notice.
His hardcore fans would find a way to justify that.

To themselfes.

That would actually make me a fan of his, just because it would be the ultimate middle finger to Dana and the UFC.

If he wins the LW belt, I'm sure he'll ask for even more ridiculous amounts of money, and threaten retirement if he doesn't get it.

Basically, if you're complaining about how he is treated now, just wait.

If he wins the LW belt, I'm sure he'll ask for even more ridiculous amounts of money, and threaten retirement if he doesn't get it.

Basically, if you're complaining about how he is treated now, just wait.

He would be the most overpaid person in the history of the sport. Easy matchups at 145, free climbs to the top of divisions, free title shots. Gotta easily be the least amount of work a fighter has ever done to achieve two titles.

Back