Great Article explaining why Jose Aldo wants to leave the UFC (no ill will towards Conor or Dana)

cliffs:

Aldo says UFC sucks and doesn't respect him.
he right

what makes him a great person? stop the idolatry

Read the article. Dude sounds like he does a lot of great philanthropy.
I agree with Aldo. It's sad; the McGregors have turned the UFC from sport to circus.

Aldo has a legitimate gripe. Whether or not you agree with his method of handling the situation, you have to at least understand why he feels disrespected.

he should fight 4 times in the next year and destroy each opponent and then he'll get respect

I agree with Aldo. It's sad; the McGregors have turned the UFC from sport to circus.

He does. He has not forgotten where he came from, and tries really hard to give back to the community.

Aldo has a legitimate gripe. Whether or not you agree with his method of handling the situation, you have to at least understand why he feels disrespected.

It's the same way an obstinate child feels disrespected when their parents ground them for bad grades

Aldo: “First of all, my dissatisfaction is not about not getting this fight with Conor McGregor,” Aldo said. “My dissatisfaction has been brewing for a long time. Before my loss to McGregor when I had to pull out of our first fight [scheduled for UFC 189 in July], I was not happy with the way the UFC spun my rib injury. I was not happy to see them mischaracterize my injury and not support me as I had to pull out of that fight.

“When I lost to Conor McGregor, I had been undefeated for nearly 10 years. I think if anybody deserved an immediate rematch, it was me against Conor in those circumstances. It was a quick fight. I got caught and the fans in the arena didn’t really get to see a full fight. I think that for everything I’d already achieved for the sport and my record, it was a rematch I deserved immediately and without a doubt.”

Legit gripes, but I don't see how getting his contract terminated will resolve any of his issues. What does he gain in compensation by going with Bellator or Rizin? Can they reasonably match or exceed what the UFC can offer?

Aldo: “First of all, my dissatisfaction is not about not getting this fight with Conor McGregor,” Aldo said. “My dissatisfaction has been brewing for a long time. Before my loss to McGregor when I had to pull out of our first fight [scheduled for UFC 189 in July], I was not happy with the way the UFC spun my rib injury. I was not happy to see them mischaracterize my injury and not support me as I had to pull out of that fight.

“When I lost to Conor McGregor, I had been undefeated for nearly 10 years. I think if anybody deserved an immediate rematch, it was me against Conor in those circumstances. It was a quick fight. I got caught and the fans in the arena didn’t really get to see a full fight. I think that for everything I’d already achieved for the sport and my record, it was a rematch I deserved immediately and without a doubt.”

Legit gripes, but I don't see how getting his contract terminated will resolve any of his issues. What does he gain in compensation by going with Bellator or Rizin? Can they reasonably match or exceed what the UFC can offer?

If you read the article, you'll find out his plans don't include fighting for other MMA promotions.

When you ask for the rematch at anytime, anywhere and then decline when offered, aren't you partly creating the circus?

Good lord, still with the "there wasn't a fight" bullshit

When you ask for the rematch at anytime, anywhere and then decline when offered, aren't you partly creating the circus?

By the circus, I mean more the matchmaking associated with people flapping their gums the loudest and such.
Yeah, though I agree it gets tiring hearing from so many fighters "I'll fight any time, anywhere, you just name the place," when they really don't mean that.

By the circus, I mean more the matchmaking associated with people flapping their gums the loudest and such.
Yeah, though I agree it gets tiring hearing from so many fighters "I'll fight any time, anywhere, you just name the place," when they really don't mean that.

That was Aldo's downfall and the difference between him and Conor.

Conor really meant it before and after a defeat. No one was going to stop him getting the rematch.

Great read that explains why Jose Aldo wants to leave. If you have time, please read and stop this non-sense of Aldo not being a great fighter or person.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jose-a...or-good-after-ufcs-latest-diss-053359535.html
this is the best quote, one that I think is the core of the issue.

“I hear a lot of people say the reason I don’t call the shots and that I’m not happy with my income is that I don’t sell fights,” Aldo said. “People have said that to me and they’ve said it about me. I’ve heard people say, ‘Jose needs to be a better marketer; he needs to sell his fights more.’ But that’s not the philosophy I was raised with. My coach is a martial artist. I’m a martial artist. What we do starts with respect.

“Where the sport is going is not respectful. The people who are selling fights are people who are giving each other the middle finger, throwing objects at press conferences, getting caught snorting cocaine and making headlines for all kinds of wrong reasons. What I was taught and what I believe in is, I do my best inside the cage. I believe people want to watch me for my ability as an athlete. … If the direction the sport is going is you’ve got to make headlines for the wrong reasons in order to be worthy of respect and in order to be worthy of the right income, it’s not something I’ll ever be on board with.”

But it is well worth the reading, for there are a lot more to it than just that

You have to understand that at that point, Aldo had not even fully recovered from being knocked out cold. Even McGregor admitted to that when asked about it. McGregor's own words were that you need to take at least a year off after being knocked out like Aldo was. When Aldo was offered the fight, not even three months had passed since UFC 194. "Anytime, anywhere", isn't even true for McGregor, or anyone for that matter. You're just trying to paint Aldo as a shitbird when he's anything but that. And then you might say "well then Aldo shouldn't say he'll fight him anytime anywhere!!!!!" but maybe he just expressed how he felt at one point in time.

Back