Louis Smolka looks to take another step closer to a fight with Demetrious Johnson tomorrow night

sflcmma0212

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Had the chance to chat with the UFC's #9 Ranked Flyweight, Louis "Da Last Samurai" Smolka, who was originally supposed to fight Sergio Pettis tomorrow night at UFC Fight Night in Portland, OR. Now, he takes on TUF 24's Brandon Moreno. Transcripts included:

2:52: Talking about what he got from fighting Chris Cariaso-"I never should have lost to Chris (Carisaso). I should never lose ever, in my mind. I'm one of the best in the world, I feel. I'm hopefully going to be THE best in the world one day. I'm just here to prove that. That Chris Cariaso loss really showed me you can't take anyone lightly."

4:29: Has he changed his approach since he got a last minute opponent-" Not really. I'm just gonna go in there and push the same game plan...gas him out, do what I always do: beat him up."

5:41:His reaction to fans' reaction to him making fun of Sergio Pettis-" I don't really think that I took too much of a beating. Honestly, a lot of people were behind me. A lot of people thought it was really funny. There are just a few internet trolls who you know were just trying to go out there and stir the pot and make it into something that it's really not. It's just a joke, it's just the internet. You can't really take it too seriously."

6:01: Does he regret what he said?- "Nope. It was pretty funny, I thought the comments were gold. People that were talking, that were commenting and stuff aren't even fans of the sport. They are just people that are here to say something. They want their two cents. There like kids who want you to go listen to their Soundcloud. They think they're gonna be PC and then oh, go click on my Soundcloud."

9:22: His thoughts on the current TUF season-" I don't really like the way the show's been put together. I think it would have made more sense to put established fighters, like the top 16 guys in the UFC or in the world. I've been a champion outside of the UFC too. They weren't in the UFC for a reason, they weren't able to hack it.

9:58: Looking at his next fight-"I want a title shot. If not that I need higher ranked opponents. Pettis isn't getting the job done. I'm not trying to wait for him. I want Demetrious, bottom line, I want Demerious!"

Thanks for this and the cliffs .
Also I would like to see Smolka get a title shot and i think he would of got one if he was still fighting and beat Sergio but now he will prob need another fight against a top fighter to secure a title shot .
good luck to him

Love watching Smolka fight. Pumped for tomorrow & hope he does fight Demetrious at some point!

Smolka vs Formiga

Such an awful match up for Smolka. TBH i don't like him against any of the guys ranked ahead of him. Its too bad they already booked Nicolau against Sasaki, because that would have been the fight to do imo.

Well he is a flyweight...so his steps are a little smaller

200_s.gif

Such an awful match up for Smolka. TBH i don't like him against any of the guys ranked ahead of him. Its too bad they already booked Nicolau against Sasaki, because that would have been the fight to do imo.
Nicolau ? no way, win over him would mean nothing for Smolka + he is already on a good streak. If he wants DJ he should claim up the rankings and fight top5 guys

Nicolau ? no way, win over him would mean nothing for Smolka + he is already on a good streak. If he wants DJ he should claim up the rankings and fight top5 guys

But a win over Moreno means what? He was supposed to fight Pettis who is ranked 15th, Nicolau is ranked 11 and coming off a win over Moraga who was i think #7 at the time. So yea it continues to move him up. Division is thin as is, if we make guys go through Benavidez, Dodson (formally), Formiga or Horiguchi then nobody is gonna get to DJ.

But a win over Moreno means what? He was supposed to fight Pettis who is ranked 15th, Nicolau is ranked 11 and coming off a win over Moraga who was i think #7 at the time. So yea it continues to move him up. Division is thin as is, if we make guys go through Benavidez, Dodson (formally), Formiga or Horiguchi then nobody is gonna get to DJ.
well Moreno is a substitute fighter, Pettis got injured what else you can do ? but i agree fight that Pettis was not the best decision. If he can not beat these guys than what's the point to fight DJ ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back