So the UFC sells pieces of their org to a bunch of celebrities, is there any point to this?

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
So... Ben Affleck, Michael Bay, Tom Brady, Rob Dyrdek, Guy Fieri, Flea, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye, Calvin Harris, Anthony Kiedis, Jimmy Kimmel, Robert Kraft, Adam Levine, Li Na, LL Cool J, Cam Newton, Conan O’Brien, Trey Parker, Tyler Perry, Maria Sharapova, Sylvester Stallone, Mark Wahlberg, Serena Williams and Venus Williams all have bought a piece of the UFC. Why?

What point is there to this or am I missing something here?

Giant Celebrity-Fighter crossover events.

Tom Cruise v DJ for 125 belt.

Serena and Venus Williams v Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler in a tag team match.

So... Ben Affleck, Michael Bay, Tom Brady, Rob Dyrdek, Guy Fieri, Flea, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye, Calvin Harris, Anthony Kiedis, Jimmy Kimmel, Robert Kraft, Adam Levine, Li Na, LL Cool J, Cam Newton, Conan O’Brien, Trey Parker, Tyler Perry, Maria Sharapova, Sylvester Stallone, Mark Wahlberg, Serena Williams and Venus Williams all have bought a piece of the UFC. Why?

Pretty simple, actually.

More main stream publicity and could also bring in more viewers that associate those names with the UFC now.

Having A-list Stars financially invested in your company makes them much more inclined to promote it

People follow celebrities
Do you not understand why the Kardashians make millions of dollars to post tweets about some bullshit product that they pretend they use?
People think celebrities are cool and wanna be involved with whatever the celebrities are involved with which means more mainstream exposure for the new Hollywood UFC

At first WWE roid heads > UFC.

Now Ben Afleck > UFC.

Soon, Justin Bieber > UFC / Sherdog.

why do companies sell stocks?

raise capital. Business illiterate brazilians irate

They are all represented by the company WME, so that company gave them the option of buying in a small part of the business for the obvious reasons other people have mentioned. Publicity
Talk show hosts will talk more about it, athletes will, more tweets more eyes etc

What's the source on that?

As I understand it... a part of the UFC ownership is a hedge fund. Did they just buy into the hedge fund?

If that's the case then it would be no different than any one of us buying a few shares into the hedge fund & then claiming to be part owners of the UFC.

@FrankieNYC what do you know of this?

Last edited:
Like the great Macalpinerules said, so A level athletes own C level athletes.

It is called investment. Is the UFC publicly traded? Did they sell each an individual portion? I think they would be equal parts of a larger group that buys companies that are profitable. A very common thing amongst the rich. If you have money to throw at something worth while you do so.

Most of them are PC cucks, inb4 blurred blood , no swearing at the press confereces etcc

Simple business move. You associate the big stars to the sport and their fanbase will follow. That's a part of why they show the celebrities in the crowd.

I'm surprised Shaquille O'Neal doesn't have a piece of it

They paid 4B for ownership, and now they sold very small pieces to raise cash in the near term

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back