Alvarez on fighting Conor: "I'll do whatever the f*ck I want in any aspect against him"

1. he's right, everyone HAS obliged him to strike with him (Mendes even tried standing in the beginning)

2. I appreciate his honesty admitting he will wrestle Conor.

3. its also kind of contradictory- "I can beat him everywhere/I'm gonna win because I'm gonna wrestle and no one else did".

4. If Alvarez does a GSP, sets aside his pride and shoots from beginning he will finish Conor.

5. if he tries to make a point by proving Conor is a "rest round" in the standup, he gets stopped.

6. In the press conference Alvarez did unexpectedly verbally- not by just winning some verbal exchanges.

I think Alvarez was surprised finding himself was a bit shook in the faceoff, but hid his own surprise well.

Last edited:
<{danawhoah}>

Wolf tickets a-selling.

Grab some water bottles, Eddie. Let's get this PPV over 2.0M buys!

1. he's right, everyone HAS obliged him to strike with him (Mendes even tried standing in the beginning)

3. its also kind of contradictory- "I can beat him everywhere/I'm gonna win because I'm gonna wrestle and no one else did".

4. If Alvarez does a GSP, sets aside his pride and shoots from beginning he will finish Conor.

5. if he tries to make a pint by proving Conor is a "rest round", he gets stopped.
lol you actually think anyone can take conor down at will... his tdd will shook you believe me

It's an interesting fight, I don't buy Alvarez being a cardiovascular machine either, Conor's so called weakness based on the fact he's been taken down (like every other fighter) is wrestling and Alvarez takes a knee once every fight, and Conor hits hard! good recipe imo.

I hope Eddie decides to stand with him. I think he can finish Conor like he did RDA

He can't stand with O'Conor. He will get dropped.

"I could close my eyes and hit his big ass head" hahaha best line from Eddie

"I think I hit him with a hard, clean f*cking shot, he goes down and I submit him. He gets hit with every left hook you throw."

if he can wrestle him for a couple rounds, until the Leperchaun breath like an old man,
then he can do whatever he want with his toy

I hope Eddie decides to stand with him. I think he can finish Conor like he did RDA

worst gameplan, Conor is fast and elusive during the first rounds, hard to hit, and precise in his counter,
high level boxing compared to most mma fighters

Nice that is that kind of mentality he need to win.
He will lose by KO if he tries to make a point.

If he uses the Pettis gameplan for the first round and a half, Conor will be finished by the end of the 2nd round or 3rd.

Pettis is on another level of TDD, Stamina (in that fight) and Ground Game than Conor.

lol you actually think anyone can take conor down at will... his tdd will shook you believe me

1. when did I say he can take him down "at will"? I don't think that (I respect Conor's TDD), but I DO think he will get him down if he stays committed to it.

2. I didnt understand your 2nd sentence, can you explain it better?

1. when did I say he can take him down "at will"? I don't think that (I respect Conor's TDD), but I DO think he will get him down if he stays committed to it.

2. I didnt understand your 2nd sentence, can you explain it better?
do you even english bro?

5. if he tries to make a pint by proving Conor is a "rest round", he gets stopped.

It seemed Brandao and Siver wanted to grapple but it is hard to get in on that karate base, not to mention he has great movement and really good grappling when fresh (that reversal on Brandao, the curi curi reversal on Nate). You have to set up your take downs, or else you end up like Pat Cummins. Conor uses angles, understands distance and in the Mendes fight, he just gave 0 fucks and went after him with wreckless abandon; totally different than efficient Conor.

If Conor gets sloppy, sure, Eddie could get him. I just think Nate put the fear of God into him and that Conor learned his lesson; now much more resembles the disciplined/well rounded Conor that demolished Holloway vs a wreckless headhunter that was looking to make his predictions come true.

Diaz and Siver tried to take him down multiple times.

Back