Will Holloway, Edgar, Pettis or Stephens take over the FW division?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Considering Aldo appears to not want to fight again, and Conor looks to never want to fight at FW again along with never defending a belt in his life.....Who is going to take over at FW??

It's anyone's ball game. Holloway is looking great and I would guess he will achieve gold at some point. But like most divisions I don't expect him to hold it for very long. Title is probably going to move around a bit. I have high hopes for Stephens.

Anyone rooting for Pettis?

Edgar, he beats the entire division if Aldo is gone.

Holloway is by far the guy who can run that division for years. He can beat anyone at that weight right now.

Stephens? he is inconsistent. Frankie can rull the division. Max already beat many top guys though

Holloway is by far the guy who can run that division for years. He can beat anyone at that weight right now.
I think Edgar is better than Holloway all round, but Holloway is young and continuing to improve. Even if they fought today and Edgar won (which is no given) then Holloway could still rule the division for a long time once Edgar ages.

So if Aldo is serious, then short term I think Edgar would take the title, long term I believe you are correct.

I think Edgar is better than Holloway all round, but Holloway is young and continuing to improve. Even if they fought today and Edgar won (which is no given) then Holloway could still rule the division for a long time once Edgar ages.

So if Aldo is serious, then short term I think Edgar would take the title, long term I believe you are correct.
For me, after Holloway there is no option but Edgar. I think, right now, Edgar is in a funk and Holloway is on a roll.

I think Holloway can win that fight.

Conor will rule the division for at least another year or 2. He won't fight anyone at 145, but he'll hold the belt because of his ppv numbers.

LOL at Stephens.

Call him by his proper name.

'Who da fook is that guy'

Holloway is the Donald Cerrone of that division.

He pretty much kills anyone not named Aldo.

I think Holloway would beat Edgar in a close decision, Benson Henderson style.

For me, after Holloway there is no option but Edgar. I think, right now, Edgar is in a funk and Holloway is on a roll.

I think Holloway can win that fight.
Edgar is in a funk after losing to Aldo? Hmmmm, I don't know. I think Aldo - with his excellent jab, fast leg kicks, amazing TDD and quick footwork - is just a bad matchup for Edgar.

I definitely think Holloway can beat Edgar, but Edgar should be the favourite at this point in his career. He has loads of championship match experience and Holloway is still improving.

Edgar is in a funk after losing to Aldo? Hmmmm, I don't know. I think Aldo - with his excellent jab, fast leg kicks, amazing TDD and quick footwork - is just a bad matchup for Edgar.

I definitely think Holloway can beat Edgar, but Edgar should be the favourite at this point in his career. He has loads of championship match experience and Holloway is still improving.
Could be....

I think Holloway boxes Edgar the fuck up.

RNS.

I think Holloway boxes Edgar the fuck up.

RNS.

I think Edgar keeps Holloway guessing in the first few rounds, gets Holloway down in the later rounds, and ground and pounds Holloway out.

Holloway takes over even if Aldo stays.
Aldo fights not to lose, Frankie has not evolved, and Stephens is to slow.
It's the Holloway era

Back