The real reason why Melvin Manhoef never fought in ufc

TjDillashawCombo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BCMO0xtCYAEJHsg.jpg

He was way too dangerous in this tiny mma gloves, with that power he could kill someone in the cage. Ufc couldn’t take that risk.
This guy was scary anomaly. Also imagine Conor vs Manhoef fight

Insane power for sure, just not the greatest fighter. Crazy to think that someone that fights at 170 once knocked out Hunt.

Yeah, don't think so. They let plenty of hard hitters fight in the ufc.

Very hot and cold fighter, just never seemed to rally up enough greatness.

The stereotypical matchup is against Urijah Hall

I love Melvin, he might the P4P hardest puncher in MMA history, and his standup skills are just elite. The guy is a WW and fought and KO'd HWs in his whole career.

But he's just too one dimensional, his grappling was never good. Nobody would have stood with him in the UFC, they would've just went for the takedown and sub.

After Strikeforce I think he was close to signing with the UFC, not sure why it fell a part though.

I wish he had. He just never won the right fights at the right time for the stars to align that way. I agree he was one dimensional but I still think he was UFC caliber. Nowhere near champ material, but he could've had some great fights at MW in the octagon.

Also, Conor vs Melvin? Really, that's the big fight you wish you could see? Give me Melvin vs Vitor/Stann/Wand.

I imagine a conor vs manhoef fight everytime conor pisses me off. I then smile, and get an erection.

Oh man. He was a classic Dutch fighter in that his kickboxing was phenomenal coupled with crazy power, however his ground game was lacking as fuck. That fight against Lawler and the fights against Cyborg... Oh man.

I wish he had. He just never won the right fights at the right time for the stars to align that way. I agree he was one dimensional but I still think he was UFC caliber. Nowhere near champ material, but he could've had some great fights at MW in the octagon.

Also, Conor vs Melvin? Really, that's the big fight you wish you could see? Give me Melvin vs Vitor/Stann/Wand.
Ufc sign everyone these days, they were just too afraid of him

His chin was glass by the end of strikeforce

Drew mcfedries hits harder

I remember some sherdogger saying mark hunts chin is overrated and said he got ko'd by a ww as proof. Didn't mention that ol Melvin could probably ko a horse. Dude has crazy power.

Manhoef is kind of a shitty fighter to have if youre match making. He will KO one of your top 10 guys once in a while and then go on to lose 2 or 3 in a row to top 30 fighters. Then everyone is gonna shit on the top 10 guy while not realizing thatn Manhoef can catch anyone.

They really missed out by having him fight when he was still closer to his prime and younger. He had no ground game even less than now but he was an elite striker and with the right kind of matchups they could have maybe kept him in the uFC and produced some FOTY fights. Now he is old and was past his best allthough his wrestling has improved

As much as I respect him and the bygone era of fighting heavyweights when your like 5 foot 7 it absolutely ruined his chin.

He actually had a fairly respectable chin before fighting the likes of Saki and co in K1 which is absolutely insane given the size difference

The only reason is because he continues to fight in Kickboxing and UFC contract forbids competing in other sports. Otherwise I guarantee he would have been in the UFC he's always a great fight.
I saw his fight live against Robbie Lawler I was the only one in the crowd rooting for Manhoef, one of the best fights I've seen live (Diaz v Zaromskis same night).

Back