UFC 189 - The Best PPV Of The Last Several Years?

Lockard The GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
202 will probably be most people's choice just because it had the classic Conor vs Diaz 2 match along with a pretty good undercard, but overall, I think 189 can at least equal it if you look at the overall card. All five fights were exciting (the last three in particular), all five had finishes, and we got one of the best fights in history with Lawler vs McDonald 2.

205 will blow it out of the water in everything.

In terms of quality 189 was the best since 100.
Will be hard to top imo.

Main card, yes, got to go with 189.

However, for the entire events (including prelims) - dont think any can beat 199. Only sort-of boring fight was Cruz-Faber, and even many found that entertaining owing to Cruz's master footwork and the couple of knockdowns

Main card, yes, got to go with 189.

However, for the entire events (including prelims) - dont think any can beat 199. Only sort-of boring fight was Cruz-Faber, and even many found that entertaining owing to Cruz's master footwork and the couple of knockdowns
Was just about to type 199. Obviously 189 was great, but if I had to pick one, I'd give the edge to 199.

Was just about to type 199. Obviously 189 was great, but if I had to pick one, I'd give the edge to 199.
Yes, partly because it gave us rocksalt city and all the other amazing shoops as well

Yeah I was just thinking about this recently. I rank 189 slightly above 202 because of the dramatic and amazing finishes (the 2 flying knees, Lawler vs Rory, Conor/Chad etc).. but 202 was sick also, each fight was a finish, the Cowboy video game combo, Rumble/Glover devastation and the all time war that was the main event

Still 189 was just so brutal, and that Lawler/Rory fight pushes it over the edge. 189 is the best UFC of the modern era

202 came very close to 189, but the finishes on 189 probably just give it the edge for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back