"Conor should use his power to get the UFC to bring in hotter ring girls"

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
0822-conor-mcgregor-encore-beach-club-7.jpg

Why the UFC's special treatment of Conor McGregor is absurd

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-new-york-lightweight-eddie-alvarez/91163838/

"That Conor McGregor is by far the most powerful fighter in the Ultimate Fighting Championship was proven once again this week. Not because of his physical strength, though the Irishman does have plenty of pop in his fists and feet. Not because he is in line for yet another bumper payday when he headlines UFC 205 in November. And not because he was picked to front the organization’s first show in New York City after state laws were changed to allow it. It is because he is allowed to do pretty much whatever he likes."

. . .

"There are many sound business reasons why riding the McGregor money train for all it is worth makes sense. However, the UFC is sacrificing competitive credibility in the process. The belts need to mean something."

. . .

"UFC 205 promises to be one of the most quality cards in UFC history. McGregor has that magical quality of being a heel and a crowd favorite at the same time. A big name, big ability and a big personality. McGregor doesn’t need favors, doesn’t need help in furthering his name and reach. The UFC seems desperate to give him the opportunity to be a two-weight champion but seems to have forgotten such accolades only mean something if they are not created by smoke and mirrors."

0822-conor-mcgregor-encore-beach-club-8.jpg

Conor Promises to Make 205 Stacked

"The UFC seems desperate to give him the opportunity to be a two-weight champion but seems to have forgotten such accolades only mean something if they are not created by smoke and mirrors."

Completely agree with that

Is that a thing? Do women find him attractive? I've never heard that before...

I'd ask if anyone knows, but we all know there are no women on here.

Dee Devlin, his mum and sister will be the new ring girls.

They find fame and money attractive.

"The UFC seems desperate to give him the opportunity to be a two-weight champion but seems to have forgotten such accolades only mean something if they are not created by smoke and mirrors."

Wtf? He beat the lw champ was that smoke and mirrors
If he beats eddie it also wont be smoke or mirrors

You're a two weight champ if you beat the champ in two weight classes.

I've been watching this sport since '96. I don't like all the Conor newbs, but if McGregor pulls this off, he will be a two weight champ. He'll get to join the likes of Hendo, Couture, and Penn in that regard.

Wtf? He beat the lw champ was that smoke and mirrors
If he beats eddie it also wont be smoke or mirrors

He won one championship, has zero title defenses, and shouldn't even have the title he currently has because he refuses to defend it. That's the problem. He doesn't even really deserve a LW title shot and on top of that he isn't even really the FW champion.

The two weight champ BS is a stupid joke. A bad WWE promo that child Conor fans eat up like candy.

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

Ariel told me that it was a priviledge. How can this hack writer question mcgregor or the ufc's greatness?

Women in Vegas don't give a shit about looks or personality if you have money.

Holyshit how tall is Conor? He's barely taller than some of those girls.

He won one championship, has zero title defenses, and shouldn't even have the title he currently has because he refuses to defend it. That's the problem. He doesn't even really deserve a LW title shot and on top of that he isn't even really the FW champion.

The two weight champ BS is a stupid joke. A bad WWE promo that child Conor fans eat up like candy.
He got one 'gimme ' fight in nate rematch and its strip him?
He won the fw strap in clear decisive fashion
Then wanted to unite the belts but injuries meant he got diaz instead
Then he got a gimme rematch......granted
Now instead of the number 1 contender he plans to fight another champ first ....thats the sort of thing we have been pushing champs to do but now folk bitch as its conor
Based on the eddie fight if rda had shown up hed already be a 2 belt champ anyway

Back