A thread about a fight between Gegard Mousasi and Vitor Belfort next weekend

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the numerous Conor threads but who do you think will win this fight at UFC 204?

Does the 'old monkey' turn back the clock one last time? Or does Gegard make a run for the title?

Old Monkey all day.Moose probaly wins though.

I see Mousasi getting it to the ground and getting the sub. I'll say Moose by RNC in round 2. Either that or a kinda boring UD.

giphy.gif

Vitor by TKO or Mousasi by decision.

I could totally see a Vitor blitz catching Mousasi off guard

Belfort´s career loss in the ufc after his return

silva belfort.jpg jones vitor.jpg
jacare 2.jpg weidman vitorr.jpg

I don´t think Mousasi belongs in that group.

Vitor is so hard to predict. I'm guessing he's done and Mousaisi beats him on the ground, but it's Vitor. Could be a KO by helicopter kick, who knows?

odQm7.gif

Both are top 5-6 at mw....Hope Moose doesn't come in over confident.Vitor still dangerous but Gegard should handle trtless Vitor.I thought Mousasi would open up as like a 2-1 fave but vegas opened him at -350 and has stayed at that.I was a bit surprised at that.If it werent for those 12 seconds to open up 2nd round vs Hall, Gegard would be on a dominant 5-0 run now.
If hes a -350 fave vs Vitor, what kind of fave would he be vs current champ?

vitor has little chance winning from gegard

The young lion is taking out the old lion one last time

Shame, I'm gonna miss vitor's prefight interviews when he was TRT powered
Legs of a gazelle baby

yeah as much as i love vitor and want him to win so badly. he has just been terrible since his fight with weidman and no special supplements.

gegard should finish him easily, and i will maybe cry.

Mousasi is too durable and his grappling is too good and Vitor is too out of his special juice. Should be an easy fight for Mousasi. But who knows, 2016 has been a crazy year.

Old Lion crushes him in devastating fashion. Vitor still has the best hands at MW. He only lost to Weidman and Souza because they're both roid monkeys themselves that are huge and one is a top wrestler and one is one of the best BJJ competitors in the entire world. None of these guys have out struck Vitor and since when has Mousasi ever been anywhere close to those guys grappling wise? Mousasi will likely have to stand with Vitor for a good amount of time where Vitor won't struggle to find angles to attack him with a flurry of violent shots. We'll see if Mouse can survive it.

The key to beating Vitor is getting out of the first round. After that it gets way easier.

I like both as a winner, if Gegard keeps it calm and cool and collected, he will finish this fight. Vitor can win this also with a TKO in round 1 or two

If Uriah Hall can get lucky. So can Vitor. But that's it. Vitor is done. I'm saying this as a huge fan of his. If Vitor were allowed the sauce. I'd pick Vitor and he would be a title contender again. Without TRT he's not the same. Legalize it.

Back