Francimar Barroso vs. English newcomer Darren Stewart set for November/Sao Paulo FN (100) event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://globoesporte.globo.com/ac/no...om-darren-stewart-no-ufc-fight-night-100.html

SIR

Crude Brazilian Portuguese to English translation

Francimar Bodão confirms fight with Darren Stewart at UFC Fight Night 100

Fight will be part of the event scheduled for November 19 at Ibirapuera in São Paulo

The Francimar Bodão fighter confirmed the GloboEsporte.com on Thursday (29), by phone, who will face the English Darren Stewart, Dentist at UFC Fight Night 100. The event will be held at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, November 19.
- They sent me yesterday (Wednesday) confirmation. I'll start studying the fight now, I'll take a look and analyze what I do, what strategy will ride with the coaches. The fight I already knew, but did not yet have an opponent - said the Acre fighter.

Darren Stewart has seven victories in the cartel, five by knockout. Bodão face CB Dollaway at UFC 203 in Cleveland, this month, but the opponent fighter crashed in the hotel elevator and the match was canceled. Last week, the weight-heavyweight visited Rio Branco, capital of Acre, his home state, to visit family and friends. He returned to Rio at the weekend.

Bodão will have a month and a half of preparation in the gym New Union in Rio. The Acre coming off a loss to Nikita Krylov in May in Rotterdam. In the struggle, she struggled to deal with the Ukrainian, who cornered him on the grid in some opportunities, took down in the second round and finished with a rear-naked choke to 3m11s. Prior to that, he had won the two previous fights. At 36, he has 18 wins and five defeats in his career.

I don't know anything about Stewart, but I hope he's good, 205 needs fresh faces.
Also, Barroso dodged a bullet with a little help of a vicious elevator last time around.

I just wish that it was not your usual Barroso fight, dead boring and noneventful.

Darren Stewart is 7-0 with 5 finishes. The two decisions he had came against fighters with sub-par records (1-3,8-9). In fact only 2 of his 7 wins came against opponents with winning records, the rest were all sub-par. I wish him the best of luck but this is a major step up for him.

Sadly, I don't like Stewart's chances. He's very undersized at 205. He's got legit knockout power though, so anything can happen!

The way the title of the thread read it said "Francisco Barosso vs English." I thought this was going to be a funny thread about how Francisco can't speak English.

Back