So will Conor always headline over other champs?

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm assuming the UFC will always break tradition if Conor is on the card even though Woodley vs Thompson is the heavier fight, like they've always said. Even with UFC 200 they put a women's title fight over their money maker Brock so...

Of course.
He didn't even need to be in a title fight to headline over the womens title.

Conor doing touchbutt with Ido in the cage would headline over Fedor vs Jon Jones

Unless the GOAT* comes back.

*check my AV.

Hughes vs GSP headlined over Sylvia vs Monson

That's only tradition because usually the heavier the weight class, the bigger the draw. With actual stars, things change.
I remember with one event they had to justify why they put a certain title fight above a non title fight that everyone though was better and it was because those were the rules. I think it was something with Jones or Rousey headlining over a bigger draw or whatever.

Well it is called the Ultimate Fighting Conorship for a reason

He wouldn't headline over jones or rousey comeback fights. Obviously those are events by themselves and UFC wouldn't waste mcgregor and his hype on those.

If he were to headline over them post those fights, which may happen, that would really be a statement.

He probably has it in hs contract that he headlines whatever card he's on. I would imagine rousey would have that too, probably jones also, so i doubt we ever see people like that fighting on the same card

I'm assuming the UFC will always break tradition if Conor is on the card even though Woodley vs Thompson is the heavier fight, like they've always said. Even with UFC 200 they put a women's title fight over their money maker Brock so...

Well someone asked the question about Ronda vs. Conor as headliner and Dana the weasel shut him down.

INB4 true MMA fans world crashes down because the honorable sacred sport of UFC's time honored fight bout order is changing slightly.

Damn you Conor. Damn you all to hell.

If he goes 1-2 at LW, he won't.

Back