Why do UFC events go for so long ?

original doom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of times ive went out and thought i might have missed the last few fights come back and its still going.

Why dont they perhaps with the earlier fights have them one after another without the fifteen minute intervals. I would perfer the event to finish say within 2 and a half hours not what seems like four hours. Is this the fault of advertisers buying up those time slots, because those adverts mean nothing to me half those fast food joints do not even exist here. Ok sure have a decent pissbreak for the main events but jeez not every goddman fight.

This is for you new UFC owners get the fighters in the cage as soon as the other has finished.

You think the new UFC owners read sherdog forums?
e285254f6a3d09d81ff18f722e31d01bb102f8a78ad57262b744b91ca34c63e4.gif

I think they have to use the time slots thinking each fight will be a decision, with possibly 5-7 minutes between fights. Finishes will make for more commercials between fights and what feels like a longer time.

This is just a hypothesis.

Member back in the days when we only got the 5 fights on the PPV and nothing else?
Quit your spoiled ass whining

I think they have to use the time slots thinking each fight will be a decision, with possibly 5-7 minutes between fights. Finishes will make for more commercials between fights and what feels like a longer time.

This is just a hypothesis.

Yes that sounds about right. Dont you reckon they should atleast pump out a few of the earlier fights. I mean im not too fussed waiting around 15 mins for connor to ascend into the octagon but those prelims do not have that energy.

Yes that sounds about right. Dont you reckon they should atleast pump out a few of the earlier fights. I mean im not too fussed waiting around 15 mins for connor to ascend into the octagon but those prelims do not have that energy.
And then if they all the prelims finish in the first round you'll have 60 minutes of dead time until the main card starts
Does that sound better?

The events I have been to the undercard and prelim fights have very barley enough time in between to take a piss and grab a beer.

If the main card fights end early, and they are ahead of schedule they will often air one of the prelim finishes to fill the time.

And then if they all the prelims finish in the first round you'll have 60 minutes of dead time until the main card starts
Does that sound better?

Mmm i guess not. Although if thats the case then continue the show 60 mins ahead of schedule.

Damn on good nights I don't want it to end....bad nights, i'm with you.

Mmm i guess not. Although if thats the case then continue the show 60 mins ahead of schedule.
And then everyone who tuned in at 7 pm/10 pm to see the PPV will miss half the card and demand a refund from the cable company

Pretty sure the FP prelims and FS1 prelims are in 30 min intervals, timed so the last prelim ends a few minutes before the main card starts. Watching live when there are lots of quick finishes in the prelims does make it seem like lots of filler but if you dvr or watch the replay of FP prelims you don't really notice.

And then everyone who tuned in at 7 pm/10 pm to see the PPV will miss half the card and demand a refund from the cable company

Yeh good point. Surely there has be a way to cut time down though.

If I can catch a berkut card they usuallly just pump out the fights, its so much better when viewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back