Remember when Aldo froze Mendes out of a title shot so he could fight Lamas instead?

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A little revival of Aldo's history <40>

"If I were Lamas, I wouldn’t fight anyone and just wait for my opportunity," he said. "He was supposed to fight me already but then (Anthony) Pettis got himself in the middle. Lamas should wait, this is his moment. But it they decide to do a rematch between Lamas and Swanson to see who fights me, that’s ok too."

Asked about Chad Mendes, who has knocked out four opponents since losing to Jose Aldo on 2012, the Brazilian said he’s not quite there yet, despite the fact that he has finished the likes of Clay Guida and Darren Elkins.

"Chad Mendes is still starting, haven’t fought anyone ranked yet, only fought guys that are not that good," he said. "He’s coming off good wins, but he hasn’t beaten good guys. So I believe the next two should be Ricardo Lamas and Cub Swanson."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/15/4733012/jose-aldo-chad-mendes-hasnt-done-enough-mma-news

Somehow people are forgetting that Aldo used the same tactics in the past to get the match ups that "he wanted." Mendes had been blasting people and was the main guy everyone wanted, and Aldo literally was publicly "advising" Lamas on how to maneuver with the UFC in order to get the title shot since Aldo was vehemently against Mendes getting it. Lamas was the easiest match up out of everyone available, and Aldo 's camp kept demanding him for months.

This is something for some of the newbies to inform themselves on as it shows the kinds of things Aldo has done in the past with other fighters and how he tried keeping them from getting their opportunities in the past.

He is the last guy that anyone should feel sorry for. If you want to feel sorry for anyone, then feel sorry for Holloway. He can't get anyone to fight him so he can move up.

member when you made good threads?

I thought Aldo fought Mendes twice, my mistake.

Here is where Aldo and Pedneiras refused to fight Pettis before that match up was made which took months for people who forgot. They finally caved when they were forced into a room with no other match ups on the table.

Aldo has tried to take away opportunities for fighters plenty of times in his career when he held the belt.

"Jose Aldo came out and said, 'There's no way in hell I'm fighting Pettis,' " White said. "He's absolutely refusing to fight Pettis. [He] doesn't think he deserves the shot."

It's clearly a bonehead move by both Pederneiras and Aldo. There are few fights that could be made in MMA that promise to be more compelling than an Aldo-Pettis match.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--f...is-misguided-and-short-sighted-174742490.html

Oh and here is where Dana White even tells them that if he ever moved up in weight he'd be the instant contender there like Conor was, only that Aldo would never step up to do something like that.

This, though, is not a crisis by any means. White insisted that despite the protestations from Aldo, he will fight Pettis.

White pointed out the folly of Pederneiras' logic, noting that if Aldo were to choose to move up to lightweight – as has often been discussed – he'd instantly become the No. 1 contender there.

I coulda swore Aldo beat mendes twice

Clearly you guys have reading comprehension problems.

I never said he "didn't" fight Mendes. I said he avoided him, and went out of his way to. Mendes kept winning and eventually he had to, because he held the belt, but the proof clearly shows that Aldo used his status and his voice on many occasions to block other contenders from getting a title shot when they wanted one the same way that he is right here.

Yeah that 1st win was a fluke. Aldo couldn't beat Mendes a 2nd ti.....

oh.

Well I don't see you disputing any of this, so clearly you agree.
it's not even comparable to the situation right now, so why even talk about it

When you're a dominant champion like Anderson Silva or Aldo you get a rematch. Aldo already earned it by beating the #1 contender and the guy Conor should have fought anyways. He's earned it twice over now, and he's still being denied

How many Aldo hate threads have you made this week alone? Holy shit dude you are such a pathetic little loser.

Btw Aldo already fought Mendes before he fought Lamas and then fought Mendes again right after the Lamas fight

Here is where Aldo and Pedneiras refused to fight Pettis before that match up was made which took months for people who forgot. They finally caved when they were forced into a room with no other match ups on the table.

Aldo has tried to take away opportunities for fighters plenty of times in his career when he held the belt.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--f...is-misguided-and-short-sighted-174742490.html

Oh and here is where Dana White even tells them that if he ever moved up in weight he'd be the instant contender there like Conor was, only that Aldo would never step up to do something like that.
Well he was unbeaten for almost 10 years and was the undisputed champ with tons of title defenses. He didn't just win the belt and start to jump around weight classes while holding onto the strap.

I never said he "didn't" fight Mendes. I said he avoided him, and went out of his way to. Mendes kept winning and eventually he had to, because he held the belt, but the proof clearly shows that Aldo used his status and his voice on many occasions to block other contenders from getting a title shot when they wanted one the same way that he is right here.

lol, it reminded me of when A. Silva did everything humanly possible to avoid the Chris. And it turns out he was right to avoid him for as long as he did.

it's not even comparable to the situation right now, so why even talk about it

How is it not? Aldo was the belt holder and he had very deserving guys that the UFC wanted to fight for the belt. He was trying to interfere and dictate who got to fight him as the champ. You think Mendes and Pettis weren't mad because Pettis was trying to cock block their title shots that the UFC had interest in as well?

My point is that Aldo has done things in the past to get the fights "he wanted" just like Conor and Alverez just did. This is not exclusive to Conor. Aldo was maneuvering himself into the match ups that he felt were better for his career.

I'm pointing out Aldo's hypocracy and the double standards he operates by.

Yes he went out of his way to avoid dusting the same guy twice in 2 years.

I mean you are right. I seriously can't believe mendes didn't get the rematch after beating Cody Mckenzie yaotzin Mesa, and Darren elkins. I mean those guys are killers

So he avoided a guy he fought twice ?
giphy.gif

lol, it reminded me of when A. Silva did everything humanly possible to avoid the Chris. And it turns out he was right to avoid him for as long as he did.

He sure as hell did. It was disgusting how Anderson did that for over a year.

AND don't forget that Anderson refused to fight Weidman and said he wasn't fighting at all for the rest of the year and out of nowhere jumped in to fight Bonnar of all people. Lol! Anderson did the exact same thing and had hoped that someone else would beat Weidman.

Aldo learned all of this stuff from Anderson.

And NOW it is all backfiring. Anderson was a draw and a star though so he still had leverage and value. Aldo has never been a star and still is NOT an asset like Anderson was.

How is it not? Aldo was the belt holder and he had very deserving guys that the UFC wanted to fight for the belt. He was trying to interfere and dictate who got to fight him as the champ. You think Mendes and Pettis weren't mad because Pettis was trying to cock block their title shots that the UFC had interest in as well?

My point is that Aldo has done things in the past to get the fights "he wanted" just like Conor and Alverez just did. This is not exclusive to Conor. Aldo was maneuvering himself into the match ups that he felt were better for his career.

I'm pointing out Aldo's hypocracy and the double standards he operates by.
aldo is talking about his own division. he's not talking about going up and still dictating about his FW belt

There's no need to justify any of this. If Conor made any of you Aldo fanboys the money he's making the UFC, you'd bend backward for him twice as much as the UFC. Do any of you buy made in China products? If you do, then you know you're bending backwards for corporate America scum while they fuck over 3rd world laborers, just so you can save a couple hundred bucks. Now imagine what you'd do for a couple hundred million.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back