The McGregor effect: Part of the reason he is good for the sport

MagnusGOAT

Make America Great Britain again.
@Black
Reaction score
So Jimmy Kimmel showed the incident between McGregor and Stephens on his show, bringing eyes to the sport. Without Conor this wouldn't have been possible, and now people watching the show are gonna wanna know who Stephens is...this will bring them to his highlight video and they will hopefully see what an absolute beast 'Lil Heathen' is.

It's good for the sport, even the haters must see this.

Agreed. You can hate Conor all you want, but he's bringing hundreds of thousands of new eyes to the sport, and he's changing the way fighters are being paid.

Need more McColin threads

yes, that's the only thing he's good for

Yup. This reminds me of WWF in 1998-1999 when Stone Cold started popping up on TV guide covers and suddenly everybody was a wrestling fans. Only problem is you can't script the outcome in Mma... just hope Connor can keep the ball rolling.

He's turned a ton of my friends over to the sport so I've appreciated him for that.

Hipsters usually take the opposite stance on any product once it has become too popular. The general public (casuals) loves McGod. Your typical beta-cuck Shertarder not so much.

Great point TS, and it's true, but I wouldn't read too much into what the neckbeards here say.

Its been all over ESPN and even FS1

Conor (or whoever is behind him) is a master at promotion. His trash talk isn't even that funny, but it's the delivery that's excellent. He shut down Jeremy Stephens but also named dropped Floyd and a lot of mainstream sports shows were talking about that fight again, Floyd even responded to it with legit respect for Conor.

Love or hate the guy, he IS a net good for the sport, even if there's some bad that comes with that too.

You know you can just post your response to mine in my thread instead of being so butthurt you make a new thread.

You know you can just post your response to mine in my thread instead of being so butthurt you make a new thread.

I made this before I even looked at your thread

Lol at even thinking you have an effect on my thoughts.

If McGregor fanboys didn't go into meltdown over the world's most overused and unoriginal comeback, it wouldn't have been shown on that show.

Its been all over ESPN and even FS1

Conor (or whoever is behind him) is a master at promotion. His trash talk isn't even that funny, but it's the delivery that's excellent. He shut down Jeremy Stephens but also named dropped Floyd and a lot of mainstream sports shows were talking about that fight again, Floyd even responded to it with legit respect for Conor.

Love or hate the guy, he IS a net good for the sport, even if there's some bad that comes with that too.

He is all over ESPN and FS1. I also listen to a sickening amount of sports talk radio and he has pushed his way onto all of the shows because they kinda have to talk about whatever is big news. He has pushed himself mainstream and is dragging the sport with him.

This is great because it makes MMA feel like it belongs. It makes MMA feel normal to talk about. Broadcasters can't paint in broad strokes and call it "human cock fighting" and they can't act and downplay it without looking old and out of touch.

@rubberneck41

"he's not the mastermind behind this. He's a failing plumber."

(sorry just thought I'd save you the trouble mate).

Then whooping them in rematches ;)
No one got whooped they beat the shit out of each other.

I find the following the guy has cultish and a big turn off, however, if he ever earned my respect it was not from whooping Nate it was showing he was willing to take a beating and go 5 rounds refusing to quit in the face adversity. He gets a lot of flack for running but he still showed tons of heart that fight.

Back