Jon Jones dominance

bjpennjustscrap

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Throw out the eye pokes and all the dumb stuff he did in his personal life, including roids (lets be real, almost every fighter is likely on them). I don't have many "favorites", I tend to like any fighter for what they can do in the octagon, and seeing them find different ways to do it. I am a fan of standup, ground game, creative wrestling, and the list goes on. Thus Jon Jones is one of my "favorites", not as a person, but as a fighter due to how well rounded and creative he is in the octagon. Recently went through and watched all his past UFC fights and it amazes me at how dominate he was going through the gauntlet of people that many doubted he could best. Wanted to see non trolls opinions on how people felt about most of his wins.

- Bonnar (He was young, and I remember this was the first fight I took note of him. For some reason I hadn't really heard of him, and felt like he was this hidden gem that hadn't gotten the publicity yet for some reason)
- Hamill (The ease that he destroyed Hamill, and the "humility" he showed after with the questionable DQ made me really jump on his band wagon. I don't think I have ever seen someone like Hamill so easily ran through the way Jones made it seem).
- Vera (Hellbows, what more can I say. How often have you seen fighters use their elbows efficiently in a fight, and then to destroy someones face.... oh so good #justbleed.
- Bader (was like he wasn't even in the same league)
- Shogun (Destruction. Sure it didn't look to be the 'supplemented' prime Shogun, but most people I knew didn't think Jones would win... and it sure was a win.
- Rampage (This fight just seemed so easy for Jones, like he didn't even have to try).
- Machida (Another great use of the elbows, and the eyes rolled back Machinda face on the canvas can never be forgotten)
- Evans (I think this was the first time I saw a repeated use of elbows from a punching distance. He rocked evans multiple times by them. It was a thing of pure beauty, and Rogan was going nuts talking about them too).
- Belfort (Showed the heart of a champ by not taping, and a 'supplemented' belfort (he looked THICK ) was scared to engage jones after awhile, and kept pulling guard.
- Gustafsson (Showed the heart of a champ, close fight. I think alot of fighters with their first real competition panic and lose, but he stuck it out and pulled out the W regardless of what the haters say)
- Cormier (Great win over a guy that could very well go down as one of the Goats if it wasn't for Jones).

Jones' 2011 year was fucking insane.

I really miss Jon Jones, without him the manlets have taken over the spotlight

aldo will be The GOAT if he doesn't retire right now

and GSP is currently The GOAT, unfortunately

He just needs to beat this monster for the set

JohnsonMandelSherdog.jpg

His run to the top was epic and he definitely was the clear and certain"man" before his suspension.

Probably the most talented fighter to ever step into the cage or ring.

Keyword here is "talented"

I'm not sure he will ever allow himself to be the greatest of all time, but I have no doubt he could be if he stopped fucking up and finished what he had started around 2010/2011

Fedor is GOAT, GSP is 2nd, and Jones is 3rd on my list. And Jones can still add to it if he gets his head out of his ass

Shogun's Pride tourney and Jones' 2011 run were two of the best chains of bouts in MMA history.

There's no way to be that dominant with talent alone. you need that little help you know what i'm saying ?

Where you at Georges ?

lol that's cute. Too bad Shogun has never failed a PED test like your boy Snowball King.

Not hard to pass drug tests when you aren't tested (Pride). Regardless, Jones didn't fight a PRIME Shogun, would of been great to see, but he still destroyed the only one he did fight, you mad?

There's no way to be that dominant with talent alone. you need that little help you know what i'm saying ?

Where you at Georges ?

Yep, the thing is they are all on something (I give allowance for a few exceptions... but only a few)

Aldont think so. <36>
oh, connie fanboy

if he doesn't retire, he beats holloway, pettis, connie, LW titleholder and defend 3 times. GOAT for a loooooooong time

Guy accomplished all that and still wrecked his career. Awesome productivity.
<{hughesimpress}>

excuse me, sir, eyepokes are part of the game... the game of life.

If god didn't want us to poke eyes, he wouldn't have given us fingers.

/science

Back