"Conor Mcgregor Has Done So Much For MMA"

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I'm beginning to question this statement. Without a doubt Conor attracts a ton of new fans and raises the bar for ppv sales. But in a way after watching this most recent press conference, I almost feel he's attracting the wrong kinds of fans. People make comparisons all the time to how he has a "WWE" type personality yet he's supposed to be the face of the organization, and the one that leads the way. He is absolutely leading the way...the suits...the demand for pay....the fight picking....the call outs. He is showing fighters how to play the game. But what happened to that mentality that used to exist back in the day of "this is a controversial sport and we don't want to be the wwe, we want to be taken seriously like the NBA, or the NFL". We used to see Dana talk all the time about antics and how much he hated them, and I feel a transformation in this orginization occurring with Conor. What do you guys think?

He made many straight man gay, specially here on Sherdog.

These are the same fucking people who root for Brock/Ronda, because "it helps MMA"

A bunch of fucking Morons.

I think you should learn to spell Conor correctly before you create another dipshit thread about him.

incredulous.gif

These are the same fucking people who root for Brock/Ronda, because "it helps MMA"

A bunch of fucking Morons.

So basically every fighter in the UFC is a fucking idiot because they all say he helped bring big paydays in and got attention for the sport. Jabroni.

I think guys have always talked a lot of shit, tried to get the most money they could, and acted like assholes in this sport. He's just the most successful at it.

The fans of this sport have always been horrible. How long have you been reading Sherdog? It's not like this place has ever been the spot for enlightened conversation.

Chael was more 'WWE' than Conor. Where was the 'he's bad for the image of MMA' talk then?

mcg has done so much for mcg, what he's done for mma is secondary to that, not that it's a problem

He came in at the right time.

UFC was peaking, international appeal began to become a high priority, especially to the european
continent. Subsequent spectacle & selective promotion began to take precedence.

The UFC used to brag. "We put on the fights fans want to see." Implying why they were better than boxing at the time. If this were the case, they would have done all that they could to have
a legitimate martial arts, casual & hardcore fan friendly match up for the ages between two true,
dominant champions in Silva vs. Zzz'ier.

They didn't. & now, we as fans, are relegated to "superfights" that would be more closely described as inflated ego matches. I mean hell, they can't even pay Mighty the right money to take the Cruz fight.... & they wonder why Mighty isn't a draw...

So yeah ts, you're right to question that notion. It was more about Conor coming in at the right time.

So basically every fighter in the UFC is a fucking idiot because they all say he helped bring big paydays in and got attention for the sport. Jabroni.

People root for them because of that...That's why they are morons.

Who in the fuck roots for somebody because it will bring more money to the UFC?

Fact is that most UFC fighters arn't getting pay raises because of Conor, in fact I believe Conor is taking pay from other fighters because Dana/UFC are too cheap to pay Conor thus they reduce others fighters pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chael was more 'WWE' than Conor. Where was the 'he's bad for the image of MMA' talk then?
I hated Chael tbh. I think he would be better as a coach/promoter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back