Conor McGregor has really harmed Aldo's legacy of greatness.

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Aldo was in P4P and GOAT conversations before he met Conor. Now he is someone who got KTFO in 13 secs on the biggest night of his life, after being taunted mercilessly for months. Its kind of impossible to call Aldo the greatest FW of all time, when Conor destroyed him on the inside for months and on the outside in 13 seconds. All in his prime.

MMA is a savage sport sometimes and i genuinely feel sorry for Aldo. He came across as a bad ass and a serious guy, but he was never someone i found particularly disrespectful.

What conor did is the equivalent of someone like Weidman turning up in the middle of andersons reign, and punking him relentlessly, before destroying him (as he did in real life).

Conor doesnt just take V's. He takes souls. Aldo will never be looked at the same, unless he gets revenge. Nate gave Conor a rematch. Conor really should give Aldo one.

Aldo is still considered an all time GOAT. And he will be the FW GOAT for a long time

Conor will never be able to say that. He is at the top of the game now but he has too many weaknesses to be a dominate champ. Dominant champs don't gas out in 2 rounds.

Its kind of impossible to call Aldo the greatest FW of all time, when Conor destroyed him on the inside for months and on the outside in 13 seconds. All in his prime.
You're just flat out wrong son.

Conor's been fighting top fighters for exactly 1 year. People gotta chill.

Not sure about that, but you can bet your ass conor's fans are trying to.

You're just flat out wrong son.

Conor's been fighting top fighters for exactly 1 year. People gotta chill.

Who has Aldo beaten that conor couldnt beat, or wouldnt be favourite against? No one. Edgar maybe. And thats it.

Maybe on forums, sure.

Everyone respects aldo. Even
old school, hard nosed all
American type dudes like pat
Miletich. Lots of athletes
& personalities of the sport were
speaking out against all the
disrespect aldo was getting from
fans on the world tour...

I'd rather have their reverence than
some fickle forum geeks

Who has Aldo beaten that conor couldnt beat, or wouldnt be favourite against? No one. Edgar maybe. And thats it.

Before anyone answer this question just acknowledge that TS is a September 2016 white belt.

You've been warned

Maybe on forums, sure.

Everyone respects aldo. Even
old school, hard nosed all
American type dudes like pat
Miletich. Lots of athletes
& personalities of the sport were
speaking out against all the
disrespect aldo was getting from
fans on the world tour...

I'd rather have their reverence than
some fickle forum geeks

Here's a video of a younger Jones pre UFC 100 talking about how he wants to be like Jose Aldo

Really sums up the legacy he has, had, and will continue to have amongst the martial arts community

He's still the FW GOAT. Let me know when McGregor defends that belt at least once.

Everyone loses. Would you rather have it happen at the top of the mountain against the best in the world after years of domination or against foookin' bums that made you tap with the quickness in some D-Level organization.

Last edited:
Aldo was in P4P and GOAT conversations before he met Conor. Now he is someone who got KTFO in 13 secs on the biggest night of his life, after being taunted mercilessly for months. Its kind of impossible to call Aldo the greatest FW of all time, when Conor destroyed him on the inside for months and on the outside in 13 seconds. All in his prime.

MMA is a savage sport sometimes and i genuinely feel sorry for Aldo. He came across as a bad ass and a serious guy, but he was never someone i found particularly disrespectful.

What conor did is the equivalent of someone like Weidman turning up in the middle of andersons reign, and punking him relentlessly, before destroying him (as he did in real life).

Conor doesnt just take V's. He takes souls. Aldo will never be looked at the same, unless he gets revenge. Nate gave Conor a rematch. Conor really should give Aldo one.
WTF? Aldo is the undisputed featherweight king. The only ones disputing that are retards. Since when did we care what retards think?

He's right you guys

We should all kill ourselves

Before anyone answer this question just acknowledge that TS is a September 2016 white belt.

You've been warned

i know more about mma than you do. just be warned.

Several months later, McGregor earned a new nickname "McTap". This made Aldo's loss more devastating

You've been warned

Doesn't have all the ancient wisdom of a 2015 blue belt account eh

Best FW of all time and still is after being KO'd in 13 seconds.

There's top 10 fighters in some divisions in the UFC that would kill themselves after a loss like that cause their careers would be over. Aldo came back and showed why he's treated as one of the best. just Conor fans don't accept it.

Aldo can still be in the GOAT conversations and be p4p one of the best, we don't know if Conor will ever reach a status like that based on what he did in the cage. His popularity is his main weapon, not fighting and beating hard competition for years.

Nah, when Conor retires in 3 years time and all his casuals stop watching real MMA fans will still consider Aldo one of the GOATS.

Back