Conor is short term. Dana needs to think long term

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
No one can deny that Conor has immense drawing power. That's obvious. Dana and the UFC are going to give him whatever he wants and make a quick buck doing it. That's great for the short term, but Conor is most likely only going to be in the sport for another 2-3 years. Dana needs to start thinking about the long term direction of the company.

Alot of fighters and fans are growing disillusioned with the UFC. Aldo wants to retire, Gonzaga already has. Multiple others have expressed similar attitudes.

..He's growing and nurturing super Sage, if done right through the years he has the potential to become a mega draw. That Justin Bieber/One Direction teenybopper market is the most powerful of all.

There will be new fucking moron spewing out the same shit Conny is doing now.

Is normal. The casuals love to be fed bullshit.

Last edited:
Conrad's children?

I want to see how much draw connie will be after start his losing streak. The guy doesn't have what it takes to keep in the top tier. His biggest skills are his loud mouth and talk too much.

The UFC has never been about the long game in the way you're thinking. There's always a "flagship" guy.

Tito*
Chuck
GSP
Anderson
Brock
Jones
Rhonda
Conor

There's always a big draw. There'll always be a big draw. And when one of us pines for the "good old days", etc, it's just the generational pain that comes from change.

*Thanks ThePatriot. I fucked that up.

Last edited:
Ronda will soon return to restore order.

The premise of your thread is "Gonzaga retired, MMA is dying."

Take a long hard look at yourself.

The UFC has never been about the long game in the way you're thinking. There's always a "flagship" guy.

Chuck
GSP
Anderson
Brock
Jones
Rhonda
Conor

There's always a big draw. There'll always be a big draw. And when one of us pines for the "good old days", etc, it's just the generational pain that comes from change.

joke post for not mentioning tito

Isn't that the story of combat sports in general?

You only have to work with what's in front of you. If what's in front of you is a money making machine, you squeeze every penny out of them.

If there's no more stars when he retires, you build one, or just wait foe the next Conor/GSP/Silva/etc.

They're just gonna hype the next guy as the best thing since sliced bread, and the world keeps turning.

Gonzaga is long-term? The man is 1-5 in his last 6 fights... he needed to be cut anyways.

<36>

Last edited:
I want to see how much draw connie will be after start his losing streak. The guy doesn't have what it takes to keep in the top tier. His biggest skills are his loud mouth and talk too much.

Ok, this confuses me. I understand hating the guy. I do. He plays hard to like most of the time.

But dismissing his obvious skills seems childish. Does he have gaps? Yep. Can he close them? Remains to be seen. But Maia seems to be doing fine using one dimension. Chuck did it for years. Everyone gets "solved" eventually.

Give the devil his due. He wins fights.

Big cards are more than short term. UFC needs to have eyes on new fighters and hope they pick up a following.

Promoters just provide a platform. Fighters perform and get the following.

Sage will never be an elite fighter after seeing how he gave up to that weak ass arm triangle that Barbarena barely had locked on.

When has the UFC ever really thought long term though? This is the same org that signed Kimbo after spending years saying he was garbage and would never fight in the UFC and who's biggest draw ever was Brock.

They have and will always be about what is most popular at the time.

No shit. Conor and Ronda are short term. Dana is thinking in the long term:

FB_IMG_14441502672451.jpg

The fact the UFC gives Conor whatever he wants while over looking other fighters in conjunction with the fact that Bellator is looking to scoop up fighters that are unhappy with their current contracts should be alarming to the UFC. They should do everything in their power to keep guys like Aldo happy

Back