Is Dan Henderson Really a Draw?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
i fully understand from a business standpoint, Conor getting any fight he wants.

However, Dan skipping the whole line really confuses me. I didn't realize Dan had any selling leverage. In other words, I don't see a rematch between him and Bisping bring some groundbreaking fight that the casual fan is dying to see.

They could have easily sold Jacare or Yoel against Bisping in England and created some hype IMO

well hes one of the greats and has a fucking legendary resume, not to mention Bisping desperately wants to avenge the worst loss of his career.

It doesn't make a lot of sense but im pumped lol

They wanted someone that speaks English fluently. With the exception of Anderson Silva, the language barrier hurts sales.

Dan gets a title shot because his career is worth more than all these other contenders combined. Dans legacy shits on the lagacies of Weidman, Jacare, and Romero.

It was a match up of convenience. Either they did it now or never. Weidman, Romero, Rockhold and Jacare will all still be around early next year.

well hes one of the greats and has a fucking legendary resume, not to mention Bisping desperately wants to avenge the worst loss of his career.

It doesn't make a lot of sense but im pumped lol

"It doesn't make a lot of sense but im pumped lol"

same, f*cking pumped.

Yeh, the longer they left Bisping/Hendo II, the more ridiculous it would've got. The rematch is a draw. The first fight resulted in an iconic KO, and now Bisping is very much the favourite due to his improvement and Hendo's age. Still, can't count out Hendo- It's intriguing.

I agree tho. Stupid match up on paper and Hendo shouldn't be fighting for a title, or anywhere close.

I think its the idea of selling the rematch and Dan as a mma legend on his last fight. And I think they gave him that shot for that reason as well, not so much his ability to draw big ppvs

I don't think so. The fans like everyone on here will watch the guy fight but nobody is ordering a PPV just because he is on the card. And if there is it's not many.

He's decently known amongst casuals. He had one of the biggest ko in ufc history on a big card. Plus his legend status and this is a rematch of that fight.

At first, a non-McGregor thread seemed refreshing. TS needs to stick with McGregor posts though, this is just dumb.

they can replay the KO over and over again, to promote Bisping trying to get the rematch back... it makes for a better story line than anyone else he could have fought.

Hendo isn't getting the title shot because HE has the leverage to do so. This fight is happening solely because of Bisping asking for it.

while i've been watching dan since his pride days and can respect his legacy i just generally find younger more energetic fighters more exciting to watch and find that they put on a better show.
that being said one more h-bomb on bisping's flappy lips is enough to make me want to see this fight.

Bisping could fight a Kangaroo and the English fans would still turn up.

I don't think Hendos pulling power has anything to do with it.

Is Rockhold really a draw?
Is Jacare really a draw?
Is Weidman really a draw?
Is Romero really a draw?

Hendo cashed in on one last favor from the Ufc. Bisping gets a boring hometown title defense in a boring country.

I hope Dan wins. It will be funny when he retires with Bisping one and done.

I think this is less of a money fight and more of a fight for die hard fans. Not sure how many buys it will do but I can't wait for it, Mousassi/Vitor should be good too.

Back