Sherdog's new GOAT criteria is not about skill anymore, it's PPV #s.

to be fair, conor is a great fighter, but your correct. Hes not even close to being a goat candidate. His nuthuggers are basically destroying my interest in sherdog

you realize everyone on the roster who gets PPV points also looks at conor as the goat now and desperately want to be on cards with him. So it's not just sherdog

you realize everyone on the roster who gets PPV points also looks at conor as the goat now and desperately want to be on cards with him. So it's not just sherdog
they want that money, who can fault them... but fighter's do not hold Conor in the same regards as fight fans do.

Muhammad Ali was not the greatest boxer of all time, but he is in the eyes of a lot of people because of his cultural crossover. PPV sales is one way to measure cultural relevance to the man on the street.

Conor fans' new GOAT criteria is about PPV. The rest of us with half a brain still talk about GOAT as it pertains to skill.

How many people actually say that? A handful?

People talk as if all Conor fans are in a cult or something.

Conor fans' new GOAT criteria is about PPV. The rest of us with half a brain still talk about GOAT as it pertains to skill.

Conor has changed the game completely hasnt he? not sure what to think of it all...

Conor has changed the game completely hasnt he? not sure what to think of it all...

He's changed the game for PPV #'s I will admit that. But he's not the GOAT fighter yet. He has a ways to go to reach the levels of Fedor, GSP, Bones IMO.

I read an article on CBS sports the other day that said Conor McGregor was the biggest star the sport had ever seen. That he knocks out 85% of his opponents and often time does so in the first round.

It said he beat some guy that was a champ for 6/7 years in 13 seconds, some guy Joe Aldo.

Pretty impressive if you ask me, has to be up there with greatest ever.

I like how people really pretend there weren't thousands upon thousands of GSP posts, Anderson posts, Chael posts...

This is nothing new at all.

so in a few years CM Punk will be the GOAT

i'm ok with this

I read an article on CBS sports the other day that said Conor McGregor was the biggest star the sport had ever seen. That he knocks out 85% of his opponents and often time does so in the first round.

It said he beat some guy that was a 6/7 years in 13 seconds, some guy Joe Aldo.

Pretty impressive if you ask me, has to be up there with greatest ever.

*James Aldo

Oh right, my bad... honestly I don't know much about old fighters. Guess it doesn't matter since Conor put him on ice inside 15 seconds.

Yeah, I heard a lot of people comparing him to Bruce Le and Ali, the two atg.

Muhammad Ali was not the greatest boxer of all time, but he is in the eyes of a lot of people because of his cultural crossover. PPV sales is one way to measure cultural relevance to the man on the street.

this. Ali is in no way the GOAT boxer, but because of his cultural impact thats what most people see him as.

Conor will go down similarly.

PPV points mean zero to me. They aren't sending me a check.

Back