When has Woodley ever gassed in the UFC?

Fallout King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only time I ever recall Woodley gassing is in strikeforce, particularly against Marquardt.

If Woodley only has a 1 round gas tank. What other fights has he gassed in?

Macdonald. He was starting to gas out .

Macdonald. He was starting to gas out .

How? Rory just pressured and counter him. Woodley didn't even do much. Plus that fight went past all 3 rounds.

Last edited:
Rory fight, though that could have been more confusion than fatigue. He lost a lot of momentum when Rory stood up from an early takedown, and he didn't know how to circle off the cage.

Against Mini-Cain he certainly got tired, but he outlasted him with a broken foot.

Against Marquardt he didn't even gas in the "bad cardio" sense, he nearly knocked him out the round earlier and punched himself out - plus he was losing and getting punched in the face for the first two rounds.

Against Jake Shields I don't know if he gassed because neither guy did anything in that fight and I refuse to rewatch it. He probably did though.

Gassing is not the issue but Wonderboy's height and range will be. I expect this might be worse than the Rory fight.

Rory fight, though that could have been more confusion than fatigue. He lost a lot of momentum when Rory stood up from an early takedown, and he didn't know how to circle off the cage.

Against Mini-Cain he certainly got tired, but he outlasted him with a broken foot.

Against Marquardt he didn't even gas in the "bad cardio" sense, he nearly knocked him out the round earlier and punched himself out - plus he was losing and getting punched in the face for the first two rounds.

Against Jake Shields I don't know if he gassed because neither guy did anything in that fight and I refuse to rewatch it. He probably did though.

Everything you said not only had a huge caveat but all of those fights lasted 3 or more rounds.

According to sherdog and Rogan, explosive fighters can only fire get for a round then they die

Everything you said not only had a huge caveat but all of those fights lasted 3 or more rounds.

According to sherdog and Rogan, explosive fighters can only fire get for a round then they die

I don't disagree with you - just putting the arguments out there proactively.

Gassing is not the issue but Wonderboy's height and range will be. I expect this might be worse than the Rory fight.

If Rory beating Woodley is the ultimate factor. Then Lawler should have killed Woodley, like most here predicted

Rory had the perfect technical style to leave minimize openings for Woodley's offense and pick him apart, yet to see how Wonderboy responds to Woodley's explosiveness. Lawler just never had the technicality or the distance management.

Doesn't look like championship material here. Possible gassing. Besides, he's uppity, which turns off fans.

tumblr_n76z7tL0He1rofocqo1_400.gif

Doesn't look like championship material here. Possible gassing. Besides, he's uppity, which turns off fans.

tumblr_n76z7tL0He1rofocqo1_400.gif

But looked like champion material here:
115_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Tyron_Woodley.0.0.jpg

Uppity? How dare he trigger this neckbeard fan base by having an opinion. Go fuck yourself

Can't remember him gassing.

Rory clowned him though.

nkjVUpN.gif

But looked like champion material here:
115_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Tyron_Woodley.0.0.jpg

Uppity? How dare he trigger this neckbeard fan base by having an opinion. Go fuck yourself

But here, he wasn't so uppity. Let me know how long you want to do this
tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I'm wanting to say the Rory fight, but admittedly he might've just been tentative and not willing to engage rather than gassed

I recall him being gassed a bit in the Shields fight.

He was tired in the Shields and Marquardt fights. He had a pretty uneventful and paced bout with Gastelum and eeked out a split decision but I think it was clear as day both guys went at 80% speed in that fight for their own reasons.

I suppose you could say against Rory but he was so out classed its hard to make much of it. He spent most of the fight back to the cage getting picked apart and even openly taunted.

To the best of our knowledge he appears to be a guy with a lot of speed and power in round 1 where he blitzed and got the stoppage. The fights that left round 1, he hasn't faired well (decision loss to shields, late 4th round stoppage to Marquardt, shut out decision loss to Rory, split decision with Kelvin)

Back