Would UFC 205 Still Feel So Special If Not At MSG?

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
I think the card is fucking stacked but does the fact that it is at MSG make it feel even bigger of a deal or would it still be that way st any venue?

As a native New Yorker it def is a big deal to me but what about to all you great people not from NY?

I'm not American so it's not a big deal that it's at MSG for me personally. It's a cool arena though for sure, it looked great when I saw the GGG Lemieux card. It's all about the card itself for me for 205 though.

NY add a little something on the card no doubt.

I think the card is fucking stacked but does the fact that it is at MSG make it feel even bigger of a deal or would it still be that way st any venue?

As a native New Yorker it def is a big deal to me but what about to all you great people not from NY?

I dont think MSG matters much as far as the actual card goes in the run up, but on the night I think it being at MSG will definately add to the atmosphere.

Vegas crowds, are, well theres no other way to put this, shit. The dont turn up for the prelims, hell, half of them dont even turn up for the start of the main card. We get kinda spoilt with the Irish shows, the Brazilian shows, even some of the small US, European shows with the arena's already filling up for the prelims. MSG I expect to be pretty full even for the Fight Pass Prelims, which 100% will add to the whole atmosphere

I just hope they dont do some shitty coloured canvas thing

look at the fight card

Is there a single bad fight?

Its not about NY , the card is just that fucking good

Are you kidding me ???
greatest card ever put together....regardless where.
200 was the best before they lost jones and brunson(vs gegard)

This card could be in a school field and I'd still watch it as a lot of the fights are awesome on paper. The arena has no relevance whatsoever for me. I like fights not structures.

At any other venue this card wouldn't be stacked. Look at 203 and 204.

Are you kidding me ???
greatest card ever put together....regardless where.
200 was the best before they lost jones and brunson(vs gegard)

Give it some time, there will be injuries and people pulling out. Let's look at the card the night of and who actually fights before crowning it the best ever.

The venue mean nothing to me, the card does.

I could care less where it’s being held. But it’s stacked because it’s at MSG. The two things go hand in hand.

They could be fighting in an underground basement in Hong Kong for all I care. Actually, that would be superior to MSG.

I could care less where it’s being held. But it’s stacked because it’s at MSG. The two things go hand in hand.

No it's stacked because it's the 1st ever card in New York not because it's at MSG. You're conflating the importance of the statehood with an arena.

No it's stacked because it's the 1st ever card in New York not because it's at MSG. You're conflating the importance of the statehood with an arena.
And it's in MSG because it's in New York. I assumed everyone knew MSG was in New York. You're nitpicking.

Back