The McGregor dilemma

MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am a Conor fan, but an even bigger Alvarez fan. I despised the way Conor targeted Eddie's pay and boasted about making more money, about others not being able to pay their bills etc. Which led me to realise im not a fan of Conor's persona, but his body of work, and what he has been able to do for the sport's popularity.

On one hand, i want Alvarez to smash Conor, being a big fan of his Bellator and Dream fights. Would be amazing to see a true warrior like Alvarez, who comes from humble beginnings, get this moment.

On the other, i want Conor to win, not because i am a fan of his, but of the sport of MMA. And undeniably, what Conor has done for the sport single-handedly in terms of bringing in newer fans, mainstream exposure etc is huge for the sport, and a loss might hamper it a lot.

Anyone else having similar thoughts? All in all, in the end i can only hope for a war, just so that the newer fans see just how beautiful MMA can be, and for more and more people to stick around so that the sport keeps growing.

I am a Conor fan, but an even bigger Alvarez fan. I despised the way Conor targeted Eddie's pay and boasted about making more money, about others not being able to pay their bills etc. Which led me to realise im not a fan of Conor's persona, but his body of work, and what he has been able to do for the sport's popularity.

On one hand, i want Alvarez to smash Conor, being a big fan of his Bellator and Dream fights. Would be amazing to see a true warrior like Alvarez, who comes from humble beginnings, get this moment.

On the other, i want Conor to win, not because i am a fan of his, but of the sport of MMA. And undeniably, what Conor has done for the sport single-handedly in terms of bringing in newer fans, mainstream exposure etc is huge for the sport, and a loss might hamper it a lot.

Anyone else having similar thoughts? All in all, in the end i can only hope for a war, just so that the newer fans see just how beautiful MMA can be, and for more and more people to stick around so that the sport keeps growing.

make up your mind, woman.

"Sport of MMA"...STFU.

I don't give a shit about MMA enough to root for Conor, brock, or Ronda...Fuck that shit......and specially the UFC, is such a fucking joke.

This is why I follow RIZIN.

RIZIN has real fucking rules, not pussy ass unified rules....No pussy ass Wall n Stall Cage......and it's more entertaining.

Alvarez is gonna destroy Conor.

I like Conor as a fighter.
I like the calm, honest side of him.

I don't really like his "on the camera" persona, but I take it with a grain of salt, so I guess it doesn't bother me as much. Probably due to the fact we've seen the "normal" side of him as well.

In general, I'm a fan, but a reasonable one.

"Sport of MMA"...STFU.

I don't give a shit about MMA enough to root for Conor, brock, or Ronda...Fuck that shit......and specially the UFC, is such a fucking joke.

RIZIN has real fucking rules, not pussy ass unified rules....No pussy ass Wall n Stall Cage......and it's more entertaining.

You lost me at "specially".

"Sport of MMA"...STFU.

Why you here then?

I am a Conor fan, but an even bigger Alvarez fan. I despised the way Conor targeted Eddie's pay and boasted about making more money

Who spoke about who first?

If you're willing to dish it out, you have to take it back.

This notion of "what he has done for the sport of MMA" is bullshit.. if anything he ruined it.
You think these "fans" he brought in are not going to stick around after he leaves because all they care about is drama and not fighting

What we will be left with are tremendous fighters who dont get chance because they dont have loud mouth a stupid beard and a language-perverting accent

don´t worry TS

connor losing is also good for mma

he lost to nate and in his next fight he broke again the PPV records

connor bless lol

"Sport of MMA"...STFU.

Sure, the most successful, and the flagship MMA organisation in the world, which has outlasted all its competition, has done more to get the sport accepted all over the world (USADA, unified rules etc.) is, in your words 'a fuckin joke', whereas brand new organisation with freakshow fights, juiced atheletes and past their prime vets is somehow better.

Might also be a subtle troll attempt now that i think about it.

Back