I don't get it(Conor Hatred)

Dejustice

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
All these Conor haters, and that is what you are. How many times have we seen many champs not fight for 6-13 months due to injuries and match ups? It has happened on more than one occasion. I could seriously understand the anger if the dude wasn't fighting and was out, or he was just ducking people, but he isn't. He is putting on great shows, still fighting top tier fighters, and is about to fight the 155 lbs champ. I really don't understand the hatred. People get on this tangent that guy HAVE to fight in these divisions. I think it is pretty refreshing to see a guy fight in other weight classes on put on fights with great match ups for us fight fans to see great fights. If conor goes over a year without having scheduled a bout to defend, then lets all complain about it. However when a fighter destroys the #1 p4p in 13 seconds and wants to go up a division to challenge the biggest killer there, I find it awesome.

This comparing of the situations is silly. Aldo has backed out of fights, cost people their actual shot at the belt. Those guys are guys I feel for, how do we know they wouldn't have been better than Aldo on those nights? We are supposed to be fight fans. Of course we all have our fighters we like, but isn't this about us getting to see great fighters fighting other great fighters? Why does the weight class matter.

I will conclude with this tho. I do believe a rule needs to be put in place for fighters defending their belts within a certain allotted time that is deemed necessary. That way everyone is held to the same standard and there will be zero complaints. I say at 12 months an interim belt is made, at 18 months your belt is stripped. However, if you are stripped and come back, you will be allowed an immediate title shot if you want it.

P.S. check my comment history, I am not a huge Conor fanboy. Been on this site for many years, don't speak often. Just flat out love mma.

sheep201newlogo..jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

f*ck colin he will cash out soon after things stop going his way (soon)

Being the main money making guy comes with rewards. He has been rewarded.

People were calling for Conor to be stripped after 3 months. I think his personality just divides alot of people and alot of his haters aren't really interested in anything other than shitting on him on a daily basis.

Conor haters will always keep moving the goal posts. There is no real reasoning with them.

I agree that there should be some sort of outline and set time limit for how long you can go without defending your belt before it is stripped. That is usually an injury related thing. But fighting 3 fights in a row, and making more money than any fighter has ever made during that time, while keeping the belt locked up in a safe somewhere? He deserves his money, he brings it in, but he doesn't deserve to hold on to a belt that he refuses to defend.

Because Conor couldn't go 2 rounds without getting finished after winning the belt and people seem to rank that above 9 succesful defences.

what a retarded thread!

only teenage morons don´t get it:

Connor disrespects:
- fighters
- countries
- religions
- etc, etc, etc

get it now?

loser

He wouldn't get so much hate if he wasn't such a :eek::eek::eek:.

Colin is an insecure manlet who does everything to be seen (for the money).

He's basically in this to make money, and not for the love of the competition, or any respect for the martial arts.

And therefore he's constantly annoying to a lot of people who cares about MMA. When the UFC allows him to be like this (and even encourage it), it's kinda pathetic.

Conor is wealthy and succesful, of course people who're unhappy in their lives are going to hate him. There are dribblers who hate Bruce Buffer, ffs :p

He's basically in this to make money, and not for the love of the competition, or any respect for the martial arts.

And therefore he's constantly annoying to a lot of people who cares about MMA. When the UFC allows him to be like this (and even encourage it), it's kinda pathetic.

Connor is an enthusiastic fighter who has never backed down.

Undeserved title shot which turned into a fight with Nate Diaz

Undeserved rematch with Nate Diaz

Undeserved title shot against Eddie Alvarez

He has no intention of fighting at 145 again, yet he carries the belt around and makes comments as if 145 is still a possibility for him.

Get it now?

This fucking prize fighting. These guys are punching each other in the fucking face and going to war. You don't think these guys should be in it for the money? Who the fuck are you to tell people to respect martial arts rather than look for a pay day for getting blasted in the face for a living. Fuck martial arts and I love mma. This is fucking fighting at its highest techniques. These guys are fighting for entertainment, and I want to see the best match ups period. Idc about belts and the like, sure they are cool and all, but belts don't make fights. Fighters and styles make fights. You got some serious issues to work out, as do many people it seems these days. I hope the UFC encourages this, I really do. I hope it encourages other fighters to step outside their comfort zone and fight fighters bigger than them, or fight other title holders. But, riddle me this. What will you say if Conor wins the 155 lbs belt, then says ill fight jose at 145, goes there and defends it. Would that satisfy you? Most of you don't even understand what you are spewing.

Conor doesn't bother me. Just casuals having no knowledge of the sport writing his opponents off irk me. Most of his fans are alright in my book.

I'm quite realistic I think and sometimes the things I say seem to come across like hate. I don't hate Conor, i just don't think he's the world beater people think he is. If the guy went on a 3 fight skid, his casual uneducated fans would just vanish.

Everyone praising him for the Nate rematch...meh wasn't a great or overly exciting performance. Think 145 suits him better but we'll see how he does at 155. I wish him all the best and feel he's usually exciting but I just don't think he's all that plus I think after both Nate fights, his aura's gone now.

You can say it's all bout money but i reckon he's viewed as a much easier opponent now which is why he keeps being called out

Undeserved title shot which turned into a fight with Nate Diaz

Undeserved rematch with Nate Diaz

Undeserved title shot against Eddie Alvarez

He has no intention of fighting at 145 again, yet he carries the belt around and makes comments as if 145 is still a possibility for him.

Get it now?
Wait a sec, a guy who was 5-0 in the ufc with 1 win over a guy who hasn't lost since, was undeserving of a title shot, one is which the champ backed out and then proceeded to finish the #1 guy who previously lost to Aldo in a 5 round war. This guy didn't deserve a title shot? Not to mention Aldo had pretty much beaten all of the other top guys so why not Conor? It was a perfect storm. How is it undeserving for a guy who took a short notice fight yet another for Conor, to not get a rematch? The guy took on short notice fights and fought regardless, that deserves some credit from us fans. He originally had the 155 title shot before the champ backed out and we got in this predicament. Idk it is a great fight to me and I want to see it. I don't agree with a word you said.

People really overuse the word hate these days, pointing out when things are not fair or even disliking someone does not equal hating them.

Conor doesn't bother me. Just casuals having no knowledge of the sport writing his opponents off irk me. Most of his fans are alright in my book.

I'm quite realistic I think and sometimes the things I say seem to come across like hate. I don't hate Conor, i just don't think he's the world beater people think he is. If the guy went on a 3 fight skid, his casual uneducated fans would just vanish.

Everyone praising him for the Nate rematch...meh wasn't a great or overly exciting performance. Think 145 suits him better but we'll see how he does at 155. I wish him all the best and feel he's usually exciting but I just don't think he's all that plus I think after both Nate fights, his aura's gone now.

You can say it's all bout money but i reckon he's viewed as a much easier opponent now which is why he keeps being called out
Pretty much sums up how I feel about all of this

Jealousy and a limited mind. They deny the obvious future. McGregor will continue to rule the less evolved fighters in the UFC.

Wait a sec, a guy who was 5-0 in the ufc with 1 win over a guy who hasn't lost since, was undeserving of a title shot, one is which the champ backed out and then proceeded to finish the #1 guy who previously lost to Aldo in a 5 round war. This guy didn't deserve a title shot? Not to mention Aldo had pretty much beaten all of the other top guys so why not Conor? It was a perfect storm. How is it undeserving for a guy who took a short notice fight yet another for Conor, to not get a rematch? The guy took on short notice fights and fought regardless, that deserves some credit from us fans. He originally had the 155 title shot before the champ backed out and we got in this predicament. Idk it is a great fight to me and I want to see it. I don't agree with a word you said.
Your reading comprehension is shit. The first undeserved title shot I mentioned was about the RDA fight. He ended up fighting Diaz and getting finished. He then demands a rematch after getting finished, yet won't give Jose Aldo a rematch, who outside of Anderson Silva, is the most deserving person of a rematch for a title.

Not only that, his fans make this site unbearable 90% of the time

Back