UFC should feel the pressure

furtherman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think it´s really time for fighters show the UFC that they have balls and that Danna White cannot behave like a dictator. Without fighters, UFC is nothing. So, as the music says: "people have the power.." and that is the concept. Fighters should be really careful when they sign contracts, and also should have a stronger organisation (http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/profes...formation-of-union-geared-toward-ufc-athletes) to avoid abuses from unethical people like Danna White. This kind of person only makes damage to the whole fighting community. So, the real fight should happen out of the cage by making fighters´ rights be respected. I am not a fighter, but a fan for more than 20 years. UFC is not a synonym of martial arts, and if this company does not behave with high ethical and moral standards, it should be removed from the fighting world.

"Danna" White is GOAT.

So basically, Aldo didn't get his title shot... so let's bring down the whole organization. Makes sense.

You say that without fans theres no UFC etc, but have sales ever been as strong?
I hate what McGregor has done to the integrity of the organisation. I just hope he gets a few heavy beatdowns and leaves.

Removing any org. from the "fighting world" is a vacuous goal and Dana is one of a handful of brass up at the top of the UFC; he's the company's face-man so you wanting to fling monkey poo at him is well within his job description, but it ends there.

Guy isn't any more a source for your discontent than a prime minister is for every single law passed or military act you aren't happy about - all face-men. So many cogs and with that, so many wheels...it's always the case.

And all this is a two-way street - the best fighters want to be in the premier org. and the premier org. wants the best fighters. So, yeah, the people do "have the power", but so too does the UFC.

We may very well need a power shift of sorts in favour of athletes' image rights, pay etc. but to call for the burning down of the whole barn hurts more the fighters and fans than anyone else - those being the two groups you seem care for, yes?

Billionaires gonna billion...you work with what you cannot overcome; change starts from the inside, and that goes for tangibles and intangibles alike.

I think Dana should let Conor keep both belt considering he wins until they decide whats next for him. If he drops to FW then he needs to give up LW belt or vice versa. I think he will stay at LW. More challenging fights for him there.

Back