If Stephens KO's Edgar senseless, would he suddenly become a draw?

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I mean, thousands of casuals watched that press conference. Stephens-McGregor vid went absolutely viral.... Everyone recognizes the guy now (Except McGregor :p) and when casuals see his face they'll go like "Hey, this guy said when he KO's people they don't fucking move"

And imagine if he actually KO's Frankie out cold lol. The KO footage would go viral in a split second and Stephens would be 10x more vocal.

I don't like McGregor's gimmicks or Stephens himself but it is what it is, that was a hella smart business move from Jeremy at the press conference. And McGregor only helped it become a lot bigger with that hilarious reply lol.

There is nothing to discuss here

Is TJ a bigger draw because of the "snake in de grass" bullshit? I don't think it's that simple.

He would become a draw on sherdog, not among the casuals, unless he was also able to play up his rivality against Conor.

Is TJ a bigger draw because of the "snake in de grass" bullshit? I don't think it's that simple.

I actually think he is

Still though, this one involves knocking people out. I think it might have a bigger effect.

That would only work if the casuals know who Edgar is. Also no one going to remember that press conference in a week's time.

If KTFOing people alone makes you a draw Rumble would have become the biggest draw in the UFC.

He'd be more popular for sure. Doubt he suddenly becomes a huge draw though

If KTFOing people alone makes you a draw Rumble would have become the biggest draw in the UFC.

Yeah but Rumble didn't have a back&forth with McGregor like that while tons of casuals are watching

Yeah but Rumble didn't have a back&forth with McGregor like that while tons of casuals are watching

Yeah but none of the casuals even got Stephen's name.

They'll just know him as who da fook is dat guy :D

You can't become a draw like dat.

So you wanted to give it a really low number?

Check out the Youtube vid clicks + Instagram + Twitter sports account virals to come up with a more accurate estimate.

I thought "Millions of people" would be too much so I went with thousands lol.

I'll just say that i'll always watch a stephen's fight because he brings it everytime win or lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back