I really don't get the whole 145 belt drama here...

MisterPerfect

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Looks like Conor can hold that belt forever, and it seems like it is all about holding that belt, and not about the legacy . I mean Conor and Dana does not care about Conor being a legit champ, just a title holder. Yes he did get it with an amazing13 second KO, but right now it has been 3 fights for Conor and he did not defend it once. He is starting to became just a paper champ.
So here is what I don't get, why not drop that belt, fight Alvarez, and if he wins, he can fight for that 145 belt as soon as he wants it. It is not like he is a legit two division champ in this case,even if he beats Alvarez, because he did not defend neither belt. If he wants to be legit, he can drop the 145 belt, everybody will be happy, fans,Aldo,the hole 145 division and Dana can have a good night sleep . Get the 155 belt and then fight Aldo once again and hold the two belts at the same time like a real champ. I mean he has no other choice for being legit, if he holds on to it, he still has to defend the 145 belt, so he and the UFC does not gain much whit this hole drama.

Looks like Conor can hold that belt forever, and it seems like it is all about holding that belt, and not about the legacy . I mean Conor and Dana does not care about Conor being a legit champ, just a title holder. Yes he did get it with an amazing13 second KO, but right now it has been 3 fights for Conor and he did not defend it once. He is starting to became just a paper champ.
So here is what I don't get, why not drop that belt, fight Alvarez, and if he wins, he can fight for that 145 belt as soon as he wants it. It is not like he is a legit two division champ in this case,even if he beats Alvarez, because he did not defend neither belt. If he wants to be legit, he can drop the 145 belt, everybody will be happy, fans,Aldo,the hole 145 division and Dana can have a good night sleep . Get the 155 belt and then fight Aldo once again and hold the two belts at the same time like a real champ. I mean he has no other choice for being legit, if he holds on to it, he still has to defend the 145 belt, so he and the UFC does not gain much whit this hole drama.

If paper champ, means money champ, then yes.

Holding onto the FW belt increases Conor's money value on his quest to win a belt in another division. That's why he's not dropping the belt.

He's not out to build a legacy as a dominant champ. We have seen that with Fedor, Aldo, Silva, etc... everyone eventually falls.

He's out to build a legacy as someone who has revolutionized the game and became a millionaire because of it. This is exactly why he's doing all the things he's doing.

It is bullshit that he won the 145 title and has never defended it. No over fighter would ever get away with that.

Well, yeah he can hold the belt forever if he never has to defend it and never gets stripped.

Dave Menne would still be MW champ under those circumstances.

Legacy would be taking out the 155 division as well, no?

Also, way more money to be had at 155 with a more established division and bigger names.

Because casuals don't have a clue about legitimacy, but are sensitive to the hype of the "multi-division champion" label. And that sells tickets.

Because Dana hasn't yet gathered an army to take the belt off him.

Aldo is the real champ and conor is the paper champ LOL.

Because he's never going back to 145 but still wants the "only 2 division blah blah" title to hype people who don't know any better.

Who else deserves it more? Aldo? He smoked him. Edgar lost to aldo again. Holloway?possibly Holloway could be interesting. The division is hardly lined up with contenders is it? So who actually cares?

These "fans" don't care about legitimacy or logic. They are no fans of the sport, just Conor.

Blindfolded by the charade Conor is putting on. He really understands how to manipulate the dumb masses.

We others can just laugh and wait until this drama inevitably collapses eventually.

Because casuals don't have a clue about legitimacy, but are sensitive to the hype of the "multi-division champion" label. And that sells tickets.

this this this

retarded casual Conor fans be like " yaaaaaaaaaaaaa Conor gonna haz 2 beltzzz OMG he is the bessstttt!!!"

My grandma can hold a damn belt if she never has to defend it. It isn't even remotely impressive. Conor isn't even a paper champion, he just looks like a moron at this point.

Who else deserves it more? Aldo? He smoked him. Edgar lost to aldo again. Holloway?possibly Holloway could be interesting. The division is hardly lined up with contenders is it? So who actually cares?

What stupid logic. Anyone who will actually defend it deserves it more.

Only complete noobs like to pretend that Aldo couldn't do a lot more in a rematch.

Back