Just rewatched Lando vs Ferguson

rmongler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The way the fight went down was almost like a mirror image of Diaz v. Mcgregor one. The smaller but scrappy guy come comes out fast in the first frame, moving really well, avoiding shots and tagging the opponent well. Second frame he still looks okay for a moment, but the rangier guy starts to find his distance; scrapper went too hard and now the adrenalin dump is kicking in; the bobs and weaves that looked so smooth to begin with are now coming slower; the punches that used to be slipped are now landing home. Ferguson establishes the jab and tees off with his straits, crispy one two combinations almost exactly like Diaz. Lando is looking desperate. Suddenly there are grappling exchanges, and then before you know it Ferguson has locked up a choke and Lando is forced to tap.

What do you think, will there ever be a rematch? Do you think Lando will get another fight in the ufc, and if he does, could he be successful?

I also rewatched it just a few hours ago.

Vannata has potential. His counters are slick.

I hope he can cut to Featherweight and fight Swanson or Yair Rodriguez.

At Lightweight he has Sage Northcutt and Poirier and such..

He has crazy head movement. I think he's gonna move his head straight into a head kick a few times in his career.

I was working and didn't get to see the fight, but Lando is obviously getting another fight in the UFC after almost beating Ferguson on short notice.

Lando is nothing. Fergie didn't pay him any respect and almost paid for it.

Lando said he tried to cut to 145 once and it nearly killed him. Never again.

Lando is getting another fight. His style against Cucuy is definitely marketable. He had me on the edge of my seat. I think Lando, for a second, forgot grappling was allowed in the fight. Guy fell right into the sub. He was battering Ferguson prior to that finish.

I personally hope he finds success because I want to be a fan

Back