How can you hate on Aldo

Relyk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Quote from his Combate interview

I think it's not about fighting. It's like you said, I expected to defend the belt against Holloway or Pettis, this is what was right, if this happened he can fight with Eddie Alvarez, Tyron Woodley, whoever he wants, but I think this was the right thing to do. I want him to do his thing and we continue our lives, I think that my life and the whole featherweight division needs to keep going not being stalled while he does three fights in the lightweight division, and other one that he wanted to do, make a super fight with Georges St-Pierre, which didn't work out, because Georges wanted $10.000.000 and Dana didn't want to pay it and still put him with Nate for the second time, so for me Dana's word is worthless, one day he says one thing and changes the day after, so for me the fair thing is for me to release me so I can continue my life, I don't even want to fight MMA, I wanna make a career in another sport, which I always dreamed about.

He's just asking to be released from his contract because he doesn't want to be a part of these lies and feels disrespected for good reason, it's crazy how some of you Conor nuthuggers can act like you're a fan of the sport and bash the dude so much over this.

Aldo came from this to where he is now and what he has accomplished, whether you're a Conor fan or not you should be able to respect him and accept that there is more his decision than money and PPV buys.

I always liked and respected Aldo

Sometimes people don't like what you do. It's okay. Live and let live.

I disagree with a lot of the things Aldo says outside of the cage, but he's still a legend.

Outside the octagon not really a fan
Inside nobody can deny his greatness and what' he accomplished

Aldo has always been an exemplary champion, in and out of the cage, and deserves nothing but respect and admiration from any true fan of the sport.

He's the greatest FW of all time. These new posters bashing him are the worst. They know nothing about the history of the sport and the context of the fights.

Agreed. What's your take on his desire to leave the UFC?

He's being pouty. He'll never make as much money doing anything as he does being a UFC star. He's holding the interim title; if he just has more patience, that means he's guaranteed the rematch he wants, or simply becoming the undisputed Champion via Conor leaving. Win-win. If he tries to leave, or sues the UFC or whatever, it will be a disaster for him. I suspect he's just being emotional though, seeing all of this go on around him. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I want to see him back in the cage, he looked amazing against Frankie.

Quote from his Combate interview

He's just asking to be released from his contract because he doesn't want to be a part of these lies and feels disrespected for good reason, it's crazy how some of you Conor nuthuggers can act like you're a fan of the sport and bash the dude so much over this.

Aldo came from this to where he is now and what he has accomplished, whether you're a Conor fan or not you should be able to respect him and accept that there is more his decision than money and PPV buys.

I can't hate Jose for this.

But did he really say he wants to make a career in another sport? He's gonna play soccer/football?
The talent in that sport is pretty deep--I know he's got skills but it's a tall order to get back into that at his age, professionally.

I mean, what other sport is he implying?

Big Aldo fan here but if he wants to play another sport he can just retire, so asking to be released doesn't totally fit. Maybe he actually does want to fight elsewhere?

Every fighter gets shit on. MMA fans are the worst. Brock fans were shitting on Mark Hunt calling him a whiny bitch and a loser. When Mark said he might not fight in the UFC again people were saying good riddance and he always sucked. Same thing happened when Conor said he was retiring.

People need to get a grip on how important their words on a forum are. They don't mean shit. Fighters don't spend there nights reading SD and crying in their pillows. SD is all about trying to rustle fans of fighters that you don't support.

I respect Aldo as a fighter and he gives us great fights. Greatest FW of all time.

But I don't respect him running from drug tests and crying all the time about Conor. I've never heard so much crying from one fighter and his fans.

Easily injured.

Ruined several events.

Can't count on him to show up.

Quitter.

No english.

"How can you hate on Aldo"?
If you're a pea brain fucktard, thats how.

Aldo has been a boss for so long and he is being disrespected and FW is going nowhere with the 'champ' fighting 3 times elsewhere.

Interim champ should fight the champ - that's why they are created. I'm a fan of Conor too. But Jeezus christ.

Conor gets a lot of special
treatment. If anyone deserves
even a flicker of special treatment,
especially at this point, it's aldo.

Hopefully he gets what he wishes.

He's OK. Honestly I never thought he was that special. He's a fairly one-dimensional wrestle-kickboxer type guy. 145 was 155's dumping ground for years, it's only recently that it's been able to farm it's own talent. So he was a champ of a 155 dumping ground...

I wasn't surprised when Conor KO'd him, and I certainly never thought much of Conor either (still don't). It really hurt his legacy for him to get KO'd by such a totally one dimensional fighter. It really showed he's not much of a cerebral fighter

Back