Aldo situation makes me sad.

soseji40

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Although I don't post a lot, I've been coming almost every to sherdog for my mma news since.. man I don't even know, my first live UFC event on TV was Crocop's first fight in UFC. I don't want to post here anymore.

I know Aldo didn't do everything perfect. He did pull out of fights time to time, was boring when he faced someone like Kenflo, was never a huge ticket drawer and also horribly lost to Conor after lengthy and humiliating coverage for the fight. However, he did come out of nowhere and finished a highly regarded Alexandre Nogueira, knocked out my kick boxing coach, made Swanson looked like he was crying on the floor, put a clinic against Faber and topped best wrestlers in Mendes and Edgar.

Now, all I can see is how people saying he deserves what he's faced, never a good champ, ufc is better without him.. and etc. I admire Conor, but I might not be ready for the new ear of MMA led by him mocking other fighters based on their income and fame.

Obviously, Dana is going to Dana. Maybe he's the only one who figured this out and doing it right, as I don't see any other single MMA promotion with sizable profit. Therefore, I don't blame him. I see many franchise players don't get the proper treatment as they get old in different sports. Maybe, Aldo is one of them. Sure, if things work out, I'll see him in Rizin. However, that's not the way I foresaw with one of the greatest fighter of all time.

McGregor mocking fighters for not making as much as he does is scumbag lowest of the low mud-slinging in combat sports.

It would truely be shitty if we never get to see him fight again. I remember when ge beat Mike Brown in WEC and people knew he was something special.

Now you have all these casuals saying he doesn't deserve anything. They're like a cloud of locusts

Aldo did everything wrong as champ.

McGregor is doing everything correct as champ.

long story short.

Agreed, the guy defended his title 9 times in 5 years but most don't seem to remember anything befor Conor. Injuries happen and people need to respect the FW GOAT

Although I don't post a lot, I've been coming almost every to sherdog for my mma news since.. man I don't even know, my first live UFC event on TV was Crocop's first fight in UFC. I don't want to post here anymore.

I know Aldo didn't do everything perfect. He did pull out of fights time to time, was boring when he faced someone like Kenflo, was never a huge ticket drawer and also horribly lost to Conor after lengthy and humiliating coverage for the fight. However, he did come out of nowhere and finished a highly regarded Alexandre Nogueira, knocked out my kick boxing coach, made Swanson looked like he was crying on the floor, put a clinic against Faber and topped best wrestlers in Mendes and Edgar.

Now, all I can see is how people saying he deserves what he's faced, never a good champ, ufc is better without him.. and etc. I admire Conor, but I might not be ready for the new ear of MMA led by him mocking other fighters based on their income and fame.

Obviously, Dana is going to Dana. Maybe he's the only one who figured this out and doing it right, as I don't see any other single MMA promotion with sizable profit. Therefore, I don't blame him. I see many franchise players don't get the proper treatment as they get old in different sports. Maybe, Aldo is one of them. Sure, if things work out, I'll see him in Rizin. However, that's not the way I foresaw with one of the greatest fighter of all time.

jcE8Bfw.jpg

Now, all I can see is how people saying he deserves what he's faced, never a good champ, ufc is better without him.. and etc.

Don't worry, these are just Conor's low class, drunk, loud mouth wanna be fans who have very little education about the sport beyond "catch him coming in", "the left hand".

If you don't make a complete ass of yourself, and don't try to completely remove any shred of dignity left in the sport, you're a "bum". They respect nothing just like their cheap, no class knacker of a god.

Aldo did everything wrong as champ.

McGregor is doing everything correct as champ.

long story short.
Three fights out of his division as champ. Yeah ok.....

he should just fight holloway. thats a fight hardcore fans are really excited for.

Dana is a piece of shit. Lets not forget he has shitted all over 4/5 of the greatest ever fighters at some point in the last 5 years (Aldo, GSP, Andy & Jones).

Imagine the shit show if Aldo retires and Conor beats Eddie. Are we going to have Holloway vs Edgar/Pettis for the FW title?? Edgar just got brushed off easily by Aldo, Pettis is struggling, and Max's best win is Lamas...

McGregor mocking fighters for not making as much as he does is scumbag lowest of the low mud-slinging in combat sports.

YEAH. Why would a prize fighter ever talk about the prize?!!

Three fights out of his division as champ. Yeah ok.....
I'm sorry that your ideal champion is someone who hides inside their division and is afraid to challenge other fighters/champions regardless of weight class, you must be a GSP fan.

Good post appreciate your feelings, but this is all on Aldo and the choices he made.

I'm sorry that your ideal champion is someone who hides inside their division and is afraid to challenge other fighters/champions regardless of weight class, you must be a GSP fan.
Never post. You're the definition of what TS is talking about

Good post, but you missed out one of his most impressive wins, taking apart the consensus #1 FW Mike Thomas Brown

I don't know how people can hate on him, he basically says what we're all thinking

"I think it's not about fighting. It's like you said, I expected to defend the belt against Holloway or Pettis, this is what was right, if this happened he can fight with Eddie Alvarez, Tyron Woodley, whoever he wants, but I think this was the right thing to do. I want him to do his thing and we continue our lives, I think that my life and the whole featherweight division needs to keep going not being stalled while he does three fights in the lightweight division, and other one that he wanted to do, make a super fight with Georges St-Pierre, which didn't work out, because Georges wanted $10.000.000 and Dana didn't want to pay it and still put him with Nate for the second time, so for me Dana's word is worthless, one day he says one thing and changes the day after, so for me the fair thing is for me to release me so I can continue my life, I don't even want to fight MMA, I wanna make a career in another sport, which I always dreamed about." - Aldo

Why are peoples heads so far up their ass they won't even acknowledge Aldo has a point. And he is just asking to be released, don't know why people still insist on bashing him.

Instead of crying about UFC's treatment of McG, why doesn't he take a fight, kick some ass, talk some shit and get people interested in him. He was a sore loser when he got embarrassed by McG and he's got saltier by the day ever since. He needs to get over himself and understand how this is a business that is constantly evolving and as it stands right now, nobody gives 2 shits about him and his cry baby act. Go out and earn some new fans, take a page out of McG's book and get people talking about him. Then maybe he'll actually make some money. But sitting on the sidelines with this fuck the world attitude isn't gonna get him shit.

Aldo realizes MMA in the UFC just a WWE wankfest and no longer wants to be a part of the circus.

Don't let it get you down so much. Who cares what people say? I'm a Conor superfan since the beginning, and even I can still recognize that Aldo is a legend. I think he dug a lot of his own grave with the way he has handled things, but all of that outside the cage stuff only matters so much. As an MMA fan, he will always have my respect as an absolutely incredible fighter & champion. Hopefully he settles his issues with the UFC and fights more.

Also don't project this 'Conor era' stuff, he's one guy. Talking shit to sell PPVs isn't new, Tito did this 15 years ago. And for every Tito or Conor, there will always be guys like GSP and Wonderboy. Don't let it get to you so much. As long as the fights are still great, who gives a shit.

Back