Dana vs GSP: is GSP honeydick*ng?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
Honeydicking:

"Deliberately appealing to the emotional, less rational aspects of a persons nature in order to seduce them into advancing their own personal agenda."

1bg9ja.jpg

Is GSP just after a big paycheck and using his fans? yes/no

I thought it was universally believed he's pretty well set money wise, so likely would only come back for the competition...

...or the money:rolleyes:

George just needs to get back in there
and fight

Excuses to not commit.... Georges obviously isn't 100% into being a full time fighter anymore. He has a great acting career going, wealthy sponsors, awesome dark places to visit.... Why come back?

He often says he has a lot of pride. It would be a total slap in his face if he was paid less than Ronda and McGregor.

Seeing back to back Ronda Rousey TV commercials on TUF is absolutely sickening.

Well GSP is a huge draw. Big draws get paid in the UFC, Conor, Rhonda, CM Punk & Brock. Its not unreasonable for GSP to get paid as well. He brings everything those 4 do and something more. All 4 of those bring PPV buys and ratings but GSP also brings credibility to the sport of MMA and that is the foundation which the 4.2 Billion dollar price tag was built on.

The real question is why is Dana pissing in our ears and telling us to listen to the sound of rain. Pay the man and get him back in the Octagon FFS.

That is an excellent question. But here is a better one:

Is the TS a lonely contrarian learning new words on urban dictionary and trying to troll sherdog in a sad quest for attention?

Perhaps the TS works for Dana White. But what urban dictionary word would we use for that?

Why would Dana want him back? He left UFC in his prime and as a big draw and bascially told UFC to figure it out. UFC did figure it out and have even bigger stars now. Plus GSP is a boring ass fighter. About the pay - He has little leverage. Pay is all about leverage. Not history or feelings. GSP was around a ~700K PPVer so he's lucky to get half what Conor gets

Of course he is, so is Dana, so is every fighter

I think in the short time since he took off, the sport has changed quite a bit.

Just like the guys before him who never even dreamed of making as much as GSP, GSP might soon find himself feeling like the trailblazer who helped get the sport big and didn't cash in like the guys who came in later. He might already feel that way.

My take is that he's down to fight for 2016 money, but won't go back to 2013 money. That, among other things, suggests to me that he knows he's still good enough to compete, but just isn't hungry to fight anymore.

GSP just wants to wear his under armour and hyabusa gear!

Expect him to headline UFC 207!

Back