Woodley at UFC 205 Presser

dipstickjimmy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Based on how he handled his first question it seems clear to me that Woodley has completely embraced playing the "Heel". His feigning surprise at being Booed and then giving a chance for people to Boo before answering his question. So my question, which few of you will have read this far to answer is, do you believe Woodley is playing the "Heel" better than anyone has?

He's a real human being with real goals and a real personality. Sometimes he's kinda whiney and sometimes he's hypocritical and that rubs people the wrong way.

Playing the "heel" is something that fictional characters do when they are trying to hype up their pretend fighting.

It's dumb, and Woodley isn't doing it.

And even if he was, he wouldn't be better than Chael or Koscheck.

I don't dislike Woodley anymore. He tried to get a money fight instead of fighting the top contenders but it didn't happen and he agreed to fight Thomson. He accepted the fight and earned my respect

He handled the backlash pretty well. Didn't try to win the fans over, because he knew there was no point in trying. He simply said his piece, and let the fans do as they please. Sometimes it's best to embrace the hate. Much Respect to him for giving wonderboy his shot

I don't dislike Woodley anymore. He tried to get a money fight instead of fighting the top contenders but it didn't happen and he agreed to fight Thomson. He accepted the fight and earned my respect
He accepted it after doing more to duck Wonderboy than has EVER been seen before. All while being completely full of sh*t, hypocritical, and contradictory. He also pulled the race card and has compared his career to Ali's. Respect?!! This guy has earned nothing but "Wonderwoman's" foot upside his head.

I cringed when he started talking even though nobody asked him a question, and then he got booed

I think this all has made him very emotionally invested in beating Thompson in the worst way possible.

He handled the backlash pretty well. Didn't try to win the fans over, because he knew there was no point in trying. He simply said his piece, and let the fans do as they please. Sometimes it's best to embrace the hate. Much Respect to him for giving wonderboy his shot
agreed. Much prefer the embrace the hate angle as opposed to the fake 'god' and cringeworthy performances JBJ constantly puts on.

Embrace it. If more fighters did it they'd have more coin. Looking at you TJ Dillashaw!!!

Woodley wanted money fights but he accepted Wonderboy when they offered it to him. He tried to hustle and leverage and failed but I can't hate him for trying. Best of luck to him.

I love Wonderboy, but I really hope Woodley can pull it out.

As long as he doesn't freeze like he did against Rory, we'll have a good fight.

I think this all has made him very emotionally invested in beating Thompson in the worst way possible.
That's how Woodley wins his fights. KO, the worst way possible. Thomson better not make a mistake against Woodley or he's going to sleep. This is a fun fight

Chael was the best bad guy. Tito played up the heel pretty good too

He accepted it after doing more to duck Wonderboy than has EVER been seen before. All while being completely full of sh*t, hypocritical, and contradictory. He also pulled the race card and has compared his career to Ali's. Respect?!! This guy has earned nothing but "Wonderwoman's" foot upside his head.
It's not like he refused to fight him though. He tried to get a different fight but then settled on fighting Wonderboy

This is exactly why I think he was playing the "Heel". I feel like Woodley trying to get a fight with GSP with 205 coming and 206 in Toronto as well was certainly reasonable. GSP never lost the belt. WW is similar to the 205lb division in that many still feel Jones is still the best LHW in the world and view DC as "Paper" champion. GSP is still the best WW in the world in many eyes. Woodey calling for a title shot for Nick Diaz was way out in left field. Thats what made me fell like he was deliberately creating "Hype" for a fight with Thompson by actively and publicly "Ducking" him. Pretty smart IMO.

He's a real human being with real goals and a real personality. Sometimes he's kinda whiney and sometimes he's hypocritical and that rubs people the wrong way.

Playing the "heel" is something that fictional characters do when they are trying to hype up their pretend fighting.

It's dumb, and Woodley isn't doing it.

And even if he was, he wouldn't be better than Chael or Koscheck.
Conor is a real fighter but he is playing the role of Ric Flair or rather McFlair pretty well. I think Woodley saw that Thompson was a fight that was going to happen and he found a way to hype it by embracing the "Bad Guy" role.

You may be right that Koscheck played it better but I am not sure Kos was playing, he may simply be a douche LOL.

there is no shame in losing to wonderboy, but if he lose to him after trying to duck him, its will look really bad for tyrone

I cringed when he started talking even though nobody asked him a question, and then he got booed

I don't think that happened. Are you talking about the time he spoke after Conor? there was a time when someone asked a question to "the chosen one" then Conor inexplicably answered. Then Woodley answered.

never happened. Are you talking about the time he spoke after Conor?

I don't recall but I think so. Some guy asked a generic question about what it feels like fighting in New York, Conor might've spoke and then Woodley started talking out of nowhere and got booed. I'm almost positive it happened unless I'm going insane.

Back