Imagine how much bigger Anderson Silva would be if he promoted like Connor

Chronicsonic

chocolate rain
Banned
Reaction score
Before Connor, Anderson was UFC's biggest fighter, his streak was phenomenal and with some of the best finishes in the sport.

It's only since Connor that I realised how much of an impact how you promote yourself really makes.

instead all we got from Silva was pre generated lines that every other fighter in the sport says, this guy could have been fucking massive if he had some actual business sense.

i still respect Anderson though as a martial artist, and every person is different we can't expect everyone to just be cocky etc. i'm just trying to imagine how much success he would have had if he was a white guy who talked smack. probs 10x what he actually got

Or god forbid Fedor! He still has a giant following and had the UFC hype machine AGAINST him. Could you fuckin imagine how insane it would be if it was the other way around?

That's because that is what their management and UFC advisors told them to act like.

Remember when Anderson was allowed to be himself?

Anderson%20Silva%20dan%C3%A7a%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg
16hj3mq.jpg

Or god forbid Fedor! He still has a giant following and had the UFC hype machine AGAINST him. Could you fuckin imagine how insane it would be if it was the other way around?
Too bad he's been ducking the UFC for nearly a decade

That's because that is what their management and UFC advisors told them to act like.
probably partly, Ed Soares always came across as a huge douchebag, but i think Anderson is probs just straight up a boring guy other than when he's fighting..

Before Connor, Anderson was UFC's biggest fighter, his streak was phenomenal and with some of the best finishes in the sport.

It's only since Connor that I realised how much of an impact how you promote yourself really makes.

instead all we got from Silva was pre generated lines that every other fighter in the sport says, this guy could have been fucking massive if he had some actual business sense.

i still respect Anderson though as a martial artist, and every person is different we can't expect everyone to just be cocky etc. i'm just trying to imagine how much success he would have had if he was a white guy who talked smack. probs 10x what he actually got
Or perhaps if he spoke English well.

Thing is not everyone can be a conor even if they tried to promote like him it would come off being weird. Silva has his own charm. Silva has his own lines, is normal, i back.

Too bad he's been ducking the UFC for nearly a decade
If he's this big with the UFC hype machine AGAINST him, can you imagine how big he would be with the push Conor got? He would be the biggest star in sports history

Dude when he got in Vitor's face with that mask on, that moment was gold.

Then they showed his reaction to it right before the fight, and he was laughing with his kids lol.

probably partly, Ed Soares always came across as a huge douchebag, but i think Anderson is probs just straight up a boring guy other than when he's fighting..

His shit talking game is probably sick in Portuguese.

He didn't and he couldn't, so moot point.

That's like saying imagine how much more dominant Conor would be if he had Ali's boxing.

So...would Ali or Mike Tyson be as popular as they are without all the trash talk and baby eating?

Anyway Silva had his own thing going.

Remember "Anderson Silva Money"

And trolling reporters.

And sunglasses, pink shirts, the great staredowns, etc.

With Silva you had no idea wtf he was gonna do in and out if the cage. Conor, you pretty much know what you're getting.

If he's this big with the UFC hype machine AGAINST him, can you imagine how big he would be with the push Conor got? He would be the biggest star in sports history
Like I said, too bad he's a duck.

Whooedly is that you bro?

How many times does it have to be said? The UFC can't create stars from scratch. They can't. It's not Disney where giant conglomerates push the same person (see Spears, Brittney, shilling for Pepsi, Chips Ahoy and Disney simultaneously) across airwaves and video screens. The fight game is equal parts dominance in the cage and attention grabbing headlines/quotes outside of it. Conor, Ronda, Mayweather, fucking Ali, it's an old formula. Some people are really good self promoters and some people are amazing, world champion level fighters and the two rarely intersect. Chael's a great example of a masterful performer on the mic who wasn't dominant champion material. He still made/makes a shitload of cash because he can gab and get people to either hate or love him. Anderson wasn't ever going to be that guy, he was opposite, the guy that couldn't promote his way out of a paper bag but murdered people in the cage. Aldo is probably the most egregious example - guy could have been legit calling himself the best fighter in the world for years but would rather stay at home instead of doing tireless media.

Last i checked conor aint doing burger king commercials on globo...

Back