IF Aldo wants out an American court isn't the way to go.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In an American court they would surely rule against him and it could drag out for years. But if he states his claim in a Brazilian court. That's where things get interesting. See Aldo signed with an American company that operates in American jurisdiction. Now I'm sure he signed that contract and it was notorized by a Brazilian court.

Remember, Aldo is a Brazilian citizen that lives in Brazil. Trains in Brazil. He's not like Anderson or RDA that have residency status and train full time in the USA.

Aldo just needs his contract a nulled by a Brazilian court where he couldn't be touched in Brasil. That's it. As long as they anull his contract in Brazil. HE should be clear to fight in any non American company after that. Without legal ramifications.

Pretty pathetic that one of the all time greats gets treated like dog shit and its now come to this, but if he doesn't feel he's getting the respect he deserves then good for him for standing up for himself and what he believes in. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

According to him he doesn't want to fight anymore, he wants to try another sport.

Ya aldo needs to pull some shady stuff in brazil like he did with his drug test.

My guess is there is something in it about unification bout that is being breached by the UFC.

Lol it works!!! How is it shady? Giving a multi billion dollar corporation the finger is kinda cool.

It doesnt work lke that, and no organisation would dare put Aldo on the card because it'll be there ass paying the UFC.

If I was Dana, I'd be doing everything possible to keep Aldo happy.

McGregor was exposed against Diaz, and only managed to scrape a win against him in the second fight. Another slip up from McGregor and his stock plummets - and we saw the real McGregor when the going gets tough, he doesn't want to be anywhere near the media.

Dana needs to keep all his stars.

It doesnt work lke that, and no organisation would dare put Aldo on the card because it'll be there ass paying the UFC.
What jurisdiction does the UFC have over a Japanese company like Rizin? That's between the UFC and Aldo. If Brazil anulls his contract. They won't be able to touch Aldo in Brazil. If Aldo fights for Rizin how can UFC sue a Japanese company?? We don't have a new world order just yet. Thank god we don't have globalization to that degree. They wouldn't be able to do shit. The UFC wouldn't be able to do shit.

Aldo could very well steal Conor's star power like Diaz did. If Alvarez beats him and he drops back to defend his belt, Aldo could instantly be a star and a draw. Dana should try to keep him, but I feel like he'd rather have Frankie be that guy

Pretty pathetic that one of the all time greats gets treated like dog shit and its now come to this, but if he doesn't feel he's getting the respect he deserves then good for him for standing up for himself and what he believes in. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

He isn't being treated like dog shit. He didn't get to fight at 205 because he pulls out of fights so often. That's all. He needs to wait 3 months and he'll either be champ or he'll be fighting the champ. There's nothing disrespectful about that at all.

What jurisdiction does the UFC have over a Japanese company like Rizin? That's between the UFC and Aldo. If Brazil anulls his contract. They won't be able to touch Aldo in Brazil. If Aldo fights for Rizin how can UFC sue a Japanese company?? We don't have a new world order just yet. Thank god we don't have globalization to that degree. They wouldn't be able to do shit. The UFC wouldn't be able to do shit.

Companies sue other companies based in different countries all the time. Are you being serious about this?

who.gif

He isn't being treated like dog shit. He didn't get to fight at 205 because he pulls out of fights so often. That's all. He needs to wait 3 months and he'll either be champ or he'll be fighting the champ. There's nothing disrespectful about that at all.
No you're talking like some UFC shill, and pretending there's no preferential treatment. The problem for them is not so much that Aldo pulled out of a fight, that shit happened with plenty of fighters, if they actually cared about that Cain would be buried in the prelims by now yet hes still the guy they would prefer as champ.

Their problem is that they know Aldo could very well beat Conor in the rematch and then they wouldn't be able to prance him around with his outdated belt. As long as they avoid Aldo, they know Conor can lose at LW and WW, and they'll still tell you he's the best FW, and that's what the fuck is happening here.

No you're talking like some UFC shill, and pretending there's no preferential treatment. The problem for them is not so much that Aldo pulled out of a fight, that shit happened with plenty of fighters, if they actually cared about that Cain would be buried in the prelims by now yet hes still the guy they would prefer as champ.

Their problem is that they know Aldo could very well beat Conor in the rematch and then they wouldn't be able to prance him around with his outdated belt. As long as they avoid Aldo, they know Conor can lose at LW and WW, and they'll still tell you he's the best FW, and that's what the fuck is happening here.

Lol at UFC shill. You just have trouble coming up with a counter arguments so you have to vent your frustration through petty name calling.

People have been complaining about preferential treatment for McGregor non-stop. And I think the UFC has shown him preferential treatment by deciding to strip him of the FW belt after the Alvarez fight rather than before. I think that is a bit underwhelming given the panic fans like yourself are in. There's nothing exceptional about the FW champ getting a shot at the LW champ.

I still say that McGregor has done more favors to the UFC by headlining two fight cards against late replacements when so many other champs would have refused and let the cards collapse.

Lol at UFC shill. You just have trouble coming up with a counter arguments so you have to vent your frustration through petty name calling.

People have been complaining about preferential treatment for McGregor non-stop. And I think the UFC has shown him preferential treatment by deciding to strip him of the FW belt after the Alvarez fight rather than before. I think that is a bit underwhelming given the panic fans like yourself are in. There's nothing exceptional about the FW champ getting a shot at the LW champ.

I still say that McGregor has done more favors to the UFC by headlining two fight cards against late replacements when so many other champs would have refused and let the cards collapse.
You're right, you're not a shill, you actually sound like you believe in the nonsense that you post, so you're something else... but you're right no need for name calling.

Now you just sound like a Conor hater.

Back