"UFC's special treatment of Conor McGregor is absurd" - USA Today

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And not because he was picked to front the organization’s first show in New York City after state laws were changed to allow it.

It is because he is allowed to do pretty much whatever he likes.

McGregor will attempt to become the first fighter to hold two UFC belts simultaneously when he challenges lightweight titleholder Eddie Alvarez at Madison Square Garden, which would be a great achievement if it was not completely unfair.

To be clear, Alvarez vs. McGregor is an appealing and potentially thrilling fight, well worthy of being the centerpiece of what promises to be a huge night for the sport.

However, the decision to allow McGregor to keep hold of his featherweight belt is nothing short of absurd.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-new-york-lightweight-eddie-alvarez/91163838/

While I do agree that McCashCow is getting very special treatment, it's a business and Conor puts butts in seats. Relax, Conor-haters, it will all be better once he loses his belt(s). Until then, enjoy the ride.

3447968-5178554108-vanda.gif

ab·surd
əbˈsərd,əbˈzərd/
adjective
  1. (of an idea or suggestion) wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.

Is it really absurd? Seems pretty logical why they would give there top earner special treatment over a guy who has pulled out of 5/6 fights and only pulls in 300k PPV buys.

The idea that every fighter is equal is what is absurd to me

They'd allow the same for most of their big names. GSP or Silva could get a title shot in a different weight class just by asking, but they never did.

The stupidest part is they need to just strip his FW title if he's going to fight 3 times in a different weight class in a row. It's just wasting the division.

Hes going to get stripped of the FW belt if he wins at 205, so article is clickbait and irrelevant

Does that article come with a free tampon for all those pussies ?

Honestly I've found myself less interested in MMA since Conor won the FW belt. He's been given so much special treatment it's just killing the sport.

Many fighters are realizing this as well

They'd allow the same for most of their big names. GSP or Silva could get a title shot in a different weight class just by asking, but they never did.

The stupidest part is they need to just strip his FW title if he's going to fight 3 times in a different weight class in a row. It's just wasting the division.

Why the interim champ just retired.

And not because he was picked to front the organization’s first show in New York City after state laws were changed to allow it.

It is because he is allowed to do pretty much whatever he likes.

McGregor will attempt to become the first fighter to hold two UFC belts simultaneously when he challenges lightweight titleholder Eddie Alvarez at Madison Square Garden, which would be a great achievement if it was not completely unfair.

To be clear, Alvarez vs. McGregor is an appealing and potentially thrilling fight, well worthy of being the centerpiece of what promises to be a huge night for the sport.

However, the decision to allow McGregor to keep hold of his featherweight belt is nothing short of absurd.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-new-york-lightweight-eddie-alvarez/91163838/

While I do agree that McCashCow is getting very special treatment, it's a business and Conor puts butts in seats. Relax, Conor-haters, it will all be better once he loses his belt(s). Until then, enjoy the ride.

Hasn't already been said by dana that he would have to give up the fw belt if he won?

I agree!....Dana was so biased in that Press Conference. He didn't wanna say anything to damage Conor's aura like, Ronda would headline...BUT, when Conor cracked the joke about who Stephens was, Dana was laughing. When someone cracked jokes about McGregor, Dana stayed neutral.

They probably room together in foreign countries or at least get connecting rooms.

I love how every article bashing this decision always has to come with a caveat like "Well, this is a great fight that is going to break records and everyone is really, really excited about it...but it's pure madness!"

Props to the UFC for setting up fights people want to see.

Does that article come with a free tampon for all those pussies ?

I get it that the vast majority of Conor fanboys are entirely unfamiliar with vaginas, but multiple pussies would require multiple tampons

Back