Does Sherdog have a virus?

MysticNinjaJay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Recently I have been having a problem with Sherdog. It starts to slow down, then freezes altogether and I get messages like this.

29w1dsy.png

I have had to restart Firefox numerous times because of this. What is going on? Also sometimes the page redirects to something telling me to install a plugin for Firefox. No other website is doing this. Is this some kind of virus? Are any other posters having this problem?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: u got malware

get malwarebytes free and run it

thx

It's the shady ads Sherdog has. If you find a way to remove/block ads, the problem disappears.

Sherdog IS a virus. Theyve always used shady ads. If youre on a work computer where you cant install a blocker youre fucked.

Your computer is executing some virus, adware, malware, or little bit of everything .

Yes, they do and they need to clean up their site. Talking to you mods!

Got new laptop and within a minute of logging on here pop ups started. ABP currently at 13 blocks in 5 minutes.

I hate to say this because Firefox used to be my browser of choice but.....

Firefox sucks. That's fucking why. And so does your pc.

No

Sounds like Firefox is the problem
use another browser or reinstall Firefox/update/clear

Support===================>

Any threads with the word virus in it usually gets ignored

Sherdog has a virus and the only cure is
Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229.jpg

OK so I looked at some of the posts for advice. I don't have Malwarebytes. I have Webroot which I got from Geek Squad and it is not reporting any problems. I checked and Firefox is up to date. I looked at add-ons and installed a pop-up blocker. I'll see if that helps. Keep in mind this is ONLY happening on Sherdog. Every other website is running fine. My internet is fast and I have no other computer problems.

Google 'Ad Block for Firefox'.

Follow instructions.

Install.

And tank me later for changing your bum computer.

(Seriously, that should fix it)

I get weird Firefox update message pop ups which are virus related. Only seems to happen on Sherdog.

Run Malwarebytes as suggested above, it's free and will remove most malware from your PC just to be sure.

Then click on the menu and select Add Ons, search for AdBlock in the search bar and install...looks like a little red STOP sign with ABP written in it. Unfortunately you might still see this the odd time from certain sites.

I moved your thread to Support TS so that an Admin can help you out.

Run Malwarebytes as suggested above, it's free and will remove most malware from your PC just to be sure.

Then click on the menu and select Add Ons, search for AdBlock in the search bar and install...looks like a little red STOP sign with ABP written in it. Unfortunately you might still see this the odd time from certain sites.

I have Malwarebytes (Premium) now and ran it. It got rid of like 256 threats! :eek:

I also have AdBlock like I mentioned before. I will see if that works.

Im always getting this thing where it says "origin.forums.sherdog.com/"

I donno if thats something to be concerned about or not.

I mean like the address bar.

If i remove the word "origin" and hit go, it still takes me to sherdog. It doesnt do it every time, but it happens alot

Back