Jose Aldo preparing to go to court for his release

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/2...eiras-jose-aldo-willing-to-fight-ufc-in-court

Im a serious mma and boxing fan, and ever since the mcgregor-alvarez fight got announced with no vacating of the 145 belt, its just made me really upset with the ufc and their dealings. Does anybody else feel this way?

Its seriously hard to not be mad at how things are playing out, especially when the fighters in the ufc are the most talented they have ever been, there are amazing athletes in every division now. At the same time, the ufc is putting money fights for titles in almost every division, screwing over all their top fighters who work hard day in and day out. Especially with aldo and khabib, moreso with aldo, where they promise fights and screw the fighters over at the last minute using them.

You got hendo fighting for the belt ranked like 14th or 13th, you got garbrandt in line for a title shot without having faced a single top 5 guy, you got the entire 145 division sitting with their nuts in their hands because mcgregor wants to keep the division hostage for his own vanity, you got mcgregor jumping for the title shot in the most stacked division in the ufc without having a single fight in the division, jon jones saying hes interested in fighting stipe for the title after all the bullshit he did, ronda rousey jumping infront of a line for a title that finally gets competitive after being knocked out and on the sidelines for over a year, heck even woodley almost got a money fight after doing nothing for almost 2 years and grabbing the title. Whoever wants to hate and say im being salty, blah blah blah, go ahead, im not interested in arguing. For everyone else, does all this stuff not upset you? Its reached a point now that im actually pissed seeing anything related to the ufc other than its actual fighters, really dissapointing.

Hopefully this fad will go away soon and we can have a legit combat sport again.

I'm a little disheartened by this crap as well.

You got to find it amusing when you realize that Conor literally ruined Aldo's life. He took everything he had and has completely broken him.

You got to find it amusing when you realize that Conor literally ruined Aldo's life. He took everything he had and has completely broken him.

I don't approve of Conor getting the Eddie fight, but if Aldo is as good as we all know he is, he literally shouldn't have a problem taking one more fight before the unification. How many times did Renan Barao have to defend the interim title instead of just being promoted to undisputed champ?

It would be a shame if Aldo retired. He looked unbeatable against Frankie a few months ago.

Don't have an issue with the Alvaraez-Mcgregor fight, it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. The Hendo one is more infuriating simply because he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a title fight, regardless of division.

Also Aldo needs to stop crying, he didn't defend his belt for over a year and it hasn't even been close to that long for Mcgregor. Fight Holloway, he's the one that should really be upset. Honestly he's more deserving of a title fight then Aldo at this point in time.

It def sucks, but from my understanding Aldo is not going to look good in court. He signed a contract he has to fulfill it, and the champion clause. He should just fight out his contract it will be a lot quicker than a court battle.

At the same time I don't think it's fair for him to take guys like frankie and Holloway out for Colon. Those are his fights and we need to see how he matches up with them. Aldo should just wait for a money fight with colon, Aldo and Holloway are the only guys in the top 15 that Colon has fought and they have earned a rematch. So pretty much McG has the entire FW division to clear out

Also needs to shut up and fight.
Dude has spent so long having the title and not fighting because of injury, that now he's got a title and not injured he should just be taking whatever fight and proving he IS the 145 champ. It's six fucking weeks between now and 205, he can wait that little bit longer for clarification at this point.

All he's doing right now is showing that he isn't a champion; he's just a dude holding a belt and throwing tantrums.

I'm fairly certain any and all courts will look at his argument for wanting to leave and laugh in his face.

No court will grant that. On what grounds? That he is mad the UFC won't give him 1 fight he wants. He has reportedly 6 fights left on the deal. He can't go anywhere..

It def sucks, but from my understanding Aldo is not going to look good in court. He signed a contract he has to fulfill it, and the champion clause. He should just fight out his contract it will be a lot quicker than a court battle.

He has 6 fights left on his contract, theres no way hes gonna keep taking bullshit from dana for 6 more fights man, the ufc cant stop him from retiring and the whole situation is gonna make the ufc look really bad, as if its not bad enough already

conor should be forced to drop the belt is the only thing i think is unfair.

other than that, everything makes sense what the UFC did

He has 6 fights left on his contract, theres no way hes gonna keep taking bullshit from dana for 6 more fights man, the ufc cant stop him from retiring and the whole situation is gonna make the ufc look really bad, as if its not bad enough already
Damn I had no idea he had that many fights left. Really a tough situation and I see where he's coming from. But it's hard to argue in court, "it's not fair cause they gave somebody else a shot"

Why be bitter Aldo? Why not just fight and get paid? Keep winning and you will eventually get your shot. They already made an interim belt for him.

Going to court he's just gonna waste money. And he's still young. Make money then get out....

<mma3>

Think he'll turn up with that comically over-sized suit he wore for the pressers with McGregor?

He should be preparing to have the UFC lay their sac on his forehead and tell him to stfu.

His boss helped out a bit.

aldo will probably get an injury and have to pull out of court

No court will grant that. On what grounds? That he is mad the UFC won't give him 1 fight he wants. He has reportedly 6 fights left on the deal. He can't go anywhere..

Tons of other fighters are in the same boat as well. The new contract extensions pretty much give you an assload of bouts to fulfill and huge money if you win the title with partnership. Even Anderson Silva still has 5 or 6. Even if he retires no way would the UFC let him fight for anyone else by trying to sit it out. No way the UFC releases him as well.

He will go to court and leave with some light ass pockets and a lot of wasted time.

Back