Dan Patrick talked about Conor McGregor today

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm not a Conor fan at all to be honest. I respect the hard work and time he put in to make a name for himself.

Dan Patrick doesn't know $hit about MMA. A few of the Danettes do but not a ton. Anyway, it's more proof that Conor (and Ronda when she was around) is way more mainstream than any other fights. DP show rarely talks MMA. Today they talked about the 205 press conference.

1. They didn't call it the 205 press conference. They called it "Conor McGregor's press conference"

2. They played some Conor sound clips. They didn't play anyone else

3. They briefly mentioned Ronda and Holm

4. Dan blamed the first Conor loss on "Ya, but Conor moved way up in weight to take that fight. Now he's back down in the division he belongs"......... I tried to call in to correct em on everything that was wrong with that statement but couldn't get through.

Conor has 12 fights in LW and that is the division he fights at his best, he is right.

I'm not a Conor fan at all to be honest. I respect the hard work and time he put in to make a name for himself.

Dan Patrick doesn't know $hit about MMA. A few of the Danettes do but not a ton. Anyway, it's more proof that Conor (and Ronda when she was around) is way more mainstream than any other fights. DP show rarely talks MMA. Today they talked about the 205 press conference.

1. They didn't call it the 205 press conference. They called it "Conor McGregor's press conference"

2. They played some Conor sound clips. They didn't play anyone else

3. They briefly mentioned Ronda and Holm

4. Dan blamed the first Conor loss on "Ya, but Conor moved way up in weight to take that fight. Now he's back down in the division he belongs"......... I tried to call in to correct em on everything that was wrong with that statement but couldn't get through.
I mean... Conor did move up to a weigh division he didn't belong in when he lost...

Can I ask what you were going to correct in this statement?

Lol at everyone in this thread trying to act like he didn't fight a LW at WW when he lost. Propaganda worked on them too

Can I ask what you were going to correct in this statement?

I was going to tell them that yes it was true that technically he moved up from 145 to 170. But he fought another LW and they just agreed to fight at 170, not 155. Now he's fighting at 155, not back at 145.

Lol at everyone in this thread trying to act like he didn't fight a LW at WW when he lost. Propaganda worked on them too

Nobody said that including the guy on the radio. The guy said he moved way up in weight and now he's back down where he belongs. All of that is true.

Ya...sorry. I didn't make it clear but that was my point in my OP. All the media bought into the hype that Conor moved WAY up to fight this giant person who was 2 divisions higher than him and that's why he lost and then he came back and slayed this massive giant Diaz.

In reality we all know Conor almost died to make 145 and is basically a decent sized 155er. Nate is a larger 155er but still a 155er. But the general public has no clue.

I was going to tell them that yes it was true that technically he moved up from 145 to 170. But he fought another LW and they just agreed to fight at 170, not 155. Now he's fighting at 155, not back at 145.

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure you weren't going to try and say he didn't move up that much weight or something like that.

Conor has 12 fights in LW and that is the division he fights at his best, he is right.

you might want to check your source...I had it at only 3 LW fights...Not saying i'm 100% right, but I did read that...

Has Nate Diaz fought at ww before and against the best fighters? yes or no....Answer is yes...Does he walk around at a much heavier weight than conor...most definitely, he does...Conor walks around at 170-175 while nate is 190+lbs when not fighting...So, please stop with this, nate isn't a bigger guy, when it's very obvious he is....nate cut weight to make 171 when he fought rory, how the hell is he not a bigger guy?

Ya...sorry. I didn't make it clear but that was my point in my OP. All the media bought into the hype that Conor moved WAY up to fight this giant person who was 2 divisions higher than him and that's why he lost and then he came back and slayed this massive giant Diaz.

In reality we all know Conor almost died to make 145 and is basically a decent sized 155er. Nate is a larger 155er but still a 155er. But the general public has no clue.

Almost died? He's been making 145 his entire career...

Sherdog talked about Conor Mcgregor today....

Back