Both guys John Lineker has lost to in the UFC have failed drug tests.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been watching his fights today getting hyped for his fight against Dodson on Saturday and just noticed this.
He has 7 losses but only two in the UFC, all the others happened in 2009, early in his career. He was on a 13 fight win streak when he lost to Louis Gaudinot in his UFC debut, who would later pop for diuretics.

He then went on a 4 fight win streak with 3 ko's before losing to Ali Bagautinov who got a title shot in his next fight and popped for ped's after losing to DJ.

Just thought it was interesting, he had trouble making Flyweight but he showed up on weight against Gaudinot and if he won would have gotten a title shot.

Glad to see him having success at BW and he doesn't have to worry about the cut.

Lineker is an animal, but it's hard to bet against Dodson. No way this fight isn't fireworks imo.

I got dodson, linekar is a brawler with power, nothing more.

Really looking forward to Saturday night and a real main event, unlike the Cyborg fight. That angry midget is a savage.

He's a bad lil dude. Uncle Creepy could have beat him. He just...didn't, lol. He won a round clearly from what I remember.

He's a little bit more, just in the sense everyone has the gameplan of not slugging it out with him. What ends up happening? They all get into a take one to give one mode. I wouldn't be surprised by Dodson winning but he has to remain disciplined and technical for as long as the fight lasts. If not he will be baited into a brawl and end up on the losing end.

guy is really good but I think he would have lost to MM if he had had the TS

He's a bad lil dude. Uncle Creepy could have beat him. He just...didn't, lol. He won a round clearly from what I remember.
Yeah and that's the reason that UC didn't take that catchweight fight with Scoggins. Lineker was just too big.

He easily won the first round with his top control and wrasslin, but shot early in the second and got wrapped up in a tight guillotine. After that Ian looked a lot more tenative and Lineker just killed him to the body and if I IIRC rocked him pretty good in the 3rd.

Bagutinov had a rough second round against Lineker to, couldn't take him down and was eating a ton of body shots.

He easily won the first round with his top control and wrasslin, but shot early in the second and got wrapped up in a tight guillotine. After that Ian looked a lot more tenative and Lineker just killed him to the body and if I IIRC rocked him pretty good in the 3rd.

Bagutinov had a rough second round against Lineker to, couldn't take him down and was eating a ton of body shots.
That sounds right. & I think he got rocked at the end of the second.

A brawler with power can still be a great fighter though. Not everything is about perfect technique. He can cut off the cage pretty well, he goes to the body consistently with power (very rare in MMA), his jab is actually pretty good, especially for a guy with tiny arms and his ground game is decent. He has a solid guillotine and he's fine on top. Off his back, not so much but he's not awful there either.

I favor Dodson cause he's a really sharp counter puncher but we'll aee how he deals with the storm that Lineker brings. Dodson has a tendency to shut down in fights and just stop throwing offense altogether while Lineker brings a consistent pace all the way through. Lineker's cardio is pretty good too. I'd actually give him the edge there

So what your saying is Lineker is better at picking doctors.

Back