Conor is not going to gameplan for Eddie. "I've been whooping that style a long, long time."

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

mcgregor-mendes.jpg

Last edited:
Mini-Mendes nearly impregnated him prior to gassing the F out.

McG was begging the ref for a stand-up.

Conor is one of my faves, but his ability to deal with a good wrestler is for sure a question mark.

Not really much to talk about it. He was trashtalking, it's a press conference. Of course he's going to gameplan.

That was just talk. Conor would be a fool not to gameplan or structure his camp around Alvarez. And say what you will about Conor, but he's definitely not stupid.

Conor is one of my faves, but his ability to deal with a good wrestler is for sure a question mark.

My thought is it's pure talk. No way he's that dumb ever again. He knows Eddie will be taking him down, he said so..... So he's gameplanning....

Easy Game plan for Conor... KEEP IT STANDING. If Eddie gets him to the ground, it will be over quickly. Basically spend the next two months doing nothing but working takedown defence!

Can't compare Mendes' wrestling to Alvarez's, though. One is elite, the other is good.

mp1.jpg

He's not that stupid. And neither should we be to believe that he is.

Easy Game plan for Conor... KEEP IT STANDING. If Eddie gets him to the ground, it will be over quickly. Basically spend the next two months doing nothing but working takedown defence!
You really think Eddie will finish him soon after getting him to the ground?

Mendes gassed cause of what conor did to him, not what mendes didn't do..(not a full camp) go watch the body shots conor was landing in that first round...go watch how mendes was taking deep breaths after getting nailed to the body after only a minute into the fight.

I wonder who the ref will be. That will determine how often they are stood up after Eddie takes him down.

Over quickly? how many submission wins does eddie have? have many ground and pound stoppages does eddie have...I'm not talking about hurting them on the feet first, but taking someone down and stopping them....

Mendes gassed cause of what conor did to him, not what mendes didn't do..(not a full camp) go watch the body shots conor was landing in that first round...go watch how mendes was taking deep breaths after getting nailed to the body after only a minute into the fight.

You really think Eddie will finish him soon after getting him to the ground?

watch the chandler fights.

chandler is a much better wrestler and grappler than conor and eddie was able to nearly choke him out on multiple occasions

but every fight starts standing and that is definitely to conors advantage

I don't really think Mendes is all that similar to Eddie. Mendes has more damaging power and better wrestling. Still, the silly intangibles that I try not to believe in really apply to Eddie imo. He has such heart and can come back from adversity so well. I mean I just rewatched that Gil fight and he was dealing with a broken nose and an eye that was like completely shut and kept grinding it out. The results might be similar to the Chad fight though cause Eddie's chin has a lot of wear and tear and not many people hit as hard as Conor.

I don't know enough about the ins and outs of fighting to detect the subtle (and maybe not so subtle) ways of a strict gameplan but to me it seems like Conor fights the same always and that is his gameplan. The second Nate fight was the only difference and that was just minor in that he didn't taunt and reset some but he still came forward and traded and did his Conor thing.

Back