Is Conor past his trash talk prime?

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The 205 presser really made me feel annoyed by Conor. At first i thought it was just being tired of him (which i am, true), but his trash talk really really went downhill since the Diaz fight.

He had some amazing classics, like:

"Q: Do you like California? A: Not particularly",
"Q: Can you wrestle? A: I can rest my balls on your forehead",
"Can you stand up Chad, we can't see you from over here"
etc. etc. Those were amazing.

But for some reason he now just screams a lot, acts agressive and cocky and has become a caricature of his own former caricature. He basically said nothing funny, maybe except the wonderboy comment.. but even that one was not that good. He has lost his composure that made him so dominant, he now just looks like a coked up ADD bully imo.

This will not last long. Especially if he loses to Eddie he will be 1-2 in his last three fights and his stock will go down FAST. I know, it shouldn't matter what he says but how he fights.. but if that was really true he wouldn't be as famous as he is. There are obviously better and more skillful fighters out there.

So is Conor over his trash talk prime? I think he is. And i also think his ability to thrash talk is directly connected to his popularity. Interesting stuff.

hqdefault.jpg

Conor back in his trashtalk prime

I mean, to his defense, he doesn't really have that much left to say. People will tune in to see him fight regardless.

I think Colin was at his peak at the Go Big Presser.

Nah.

No one sells a fight like him currently.

No one.

Yes, he doesn't believe half the shit he's saying after Nate slapped the taste out of his mouth

I think ever since he lost he's lost it a little bit...

The Dos Anjos presser was gold.

lol past his trash talk prime. Now that's funny. But maybe your right

His trash talk nowadays is mostly all about money. That's his go-to material and it's definitely not as entertaining or witty as the stuff he used to cook up for pressers. Still sells the fight like nobody else but at this point, Conor could walk out there, tell a bunch of fart jokes, and people would still eat it up.

lol past his trash talk prime. Now that's funny. But maybe your right

Lol i know it sounds stupid.. but we can't deny the importance of him talking trash... as sad as it is.

I thought he was fucking hillarious yesterday

"WHO DA FUCK IS DAT?"

I run "fill in town", that shit never gets old. or the Mystic mac do you have a prediction for this fight? and he says with out even having to think about it that it will be a first round KO. You don't know what he's going to say next anymore......

His prime was definitely at the go big press conference. Then his trash talk went to shit when he was facing Diaz and I'd say yesterday was pretty good as well, definitely a high point in his trash talk, very reminiscent of the go big press conference.

he uses a pretty basic strategy, its going to get old if you figure out the strategy - but if you dont, he will produce new stuff for you all the time

Lol i know it sounds stupid.. but we can't deny the importance of him talking trash... as sad as it is.
Sad but true, lol. I wouldn't set it against a scale though as there would be a development of and peak for which.

His pre-game talk is derivative of a single gimmick (which you've picked up on) so as it was at one point novice to us, we all questioned with interest what was going on here - how this guy was getting in people's heads - how is he making everyone laugh, et cetera. He's great at that one gimmick, after all, as well as being fun to watch in the octagon itself, so there's a feedback loop of sorts there all in his favour.

He earned a lot of exposure from this but the evolution of that mental game hasn't matured a day since. His mainstream popularity is self-sustaining (newcomers bringing newcomers) so the one-trick-pony act is circumstantially offset and unfortunately too easily overlooked.

TLDR: I agree, mate. :p

He's not really the same after Nate and his material isn't great as a whole anymore. He slaughtered lil' heathen though.

how much money he's worth, how he's the toughest ever, how the belt is going to be his forever and on and on. regardless of what he says it's all going to be the same shit over and over.

Sad but true, lol. I wouldn't set it against a scale though as there would be a development of and peak for which.

His pre-game talk is derivative of a single gimmick (which you've picked up on) so as it was at one point novice to us, we all questioned with interest what was going on here - how this guy was getting in people's heads - how is he making everyone laugh, et cetera. He's great at that one gimmick, after all, as well as being fun to watch in the octagon itself, so there's a feedback loop of sorts there all in his favour.

He earned a lot of exposure from this but the evolution of that mental game hasn't matured a day since. His mainstream popularity is self-sustaining (newcomers bringing newcomers) so the one-trick-pony act is circumstantially offset and unfortunately too easily overlooked.

TLDR: I agree, mate. :p

Did read and agree ;)

Maybe he's having writers block? Trash talk is about the the lines not how loud your saying them. Speaking to Jose Aldo in portugese, the " a gust of wind and he does the chicken dance" line to Dustin Poirer, " mini mendes", etc. Its all great stuff. It's been missing since Nate beat him.

We live in the ultimate soundbite culture. In a world of tweets/memes/soundbites Conor gets his message out.

Back