Edgar would've a better shot beating Conor than Alvarez

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
Man, if just the classic Edgar showed up at UFC 200, we would be seeing Conor finally defend his 45 belt, in a bout that seems much more competitive than Eddie vs. Conor.

Alvarez is like a bigger version of Frankie. the idea that Frankie trex arm Edgar would hav eposed any trouble to COnor is just hilarious

Can you frankie fans please stop hyping him up as the guy to beat conor. Hes too damn small and would get demolished, that ship has sailed.

Frankie would beat colon and that's why he took the Nate fight instead of fighting him.

Alvarez is like a bigger version of Frankie. the idea that Frankie trex arm Edgar would hav eposed any trouble to COnor is just hilarious
Not at all. Edgar has way better technique and mixes it up much better with his takedowns. Add that to the fact that he never gasses out, has an amazing chin and has the heart of a champion, I doubt Conor gets through him.

You also must forget that Edgar was the champion at 155.

His wrestling could certainly give McG fits, but so could Eddies.

lol MMA fans that don't know anything about MMA. Pretty sweet.

I think Eddie is a tougher fight, but they each of different strengths and weaknesses. I personally do not think Frankie has any chance in hell of holding Conor down for 5 rounds. I also don't think Edgar can touch Conor standing. His only real avenue is to use his superior cardio and wrestling to amass a ton of take downs and win rounds. I think Edgar's chances drop dramatically if the fight was at 155.

Eddie has a much greater chance of actually finishing Conor, and poses a threat standing, in the clinch and with take downs. Eddie is, however, much easier to hit than Frankie.

Honestly I favor Conor in both fights with a pretty high degree of confidence. I'd like to see him fight Frankie but I doubt it ever happens.

Edgar was never gonna beat Aldo. He's just not that good. It's not a matter of the right Edgar showing up, it's a matter of Aldo being a terrible matchup for him. His wrestling and really anyone's wrestling is useless on Aldo, and his striking isn't as good.

Edgar striking is not good enough do be any of a worse match up. And he looked that bad in his last fight. Gets hit way too much to not get finished against Conor.

Edgar was never gonna beat Aldo. He's just not that good. It's not a matter of the right Edgar showing up, it's a matter of Aldo being a terrible matchup for him. His wrestling and really anyone's wrestling is useless on Aldo, and his striking isn't as good.
so if matchups make fights i'll give you aldo is a bad matchup for frankie. but i think frankie is a bad matchup for conor.
edgar has taken down guys who don't get taken down and conor is by no means a ground wizard.
frankie has cardio for days, conor's tank is suspect (although he seemed to get a second wind vs nate 2).

Man, if just the classic Edgar showed up at UFC 200, we would be seeing Conor finally defend his 45 belt, in a bout that seems much more competitive than Eddie vs. Conor.
There was nothing wrong with Edgar at 200, except that he ran into a better fighter.

Edgar would be a very tough fight for Conor.

Conor vs. Aldo, Aldo decides every aspect of how that fight goes. Edgar just couldnt turn the fight his way.

But vs. Conor, Edgar dictates everything. If he wants it on the ground, he does so at will. If he wants to stand, which would as usual be very dangerous vs. Conor, he can do so. His chin might take him through and wear down Conor.

Alvarez is still a very tough fight for Conor, but his speed is not like Edgars.

Back